We're looking for a Head of Corporate Development to join our team in Hong Kong as part of our Strategy function.
We are seeking a highly motivated, energetic and talented individual to support the APAC Managing Director in the creation and execution of the new business opportunities that will drive step-change growth, smart analysis of our existing business to understand and improve performance and supporting the MD’s client engagements with great proposals.
You will be at the centre of the ideas, analysis, negotiations and execution, learning how to take an idea from concept through to completion and overseeing all aspects of business operations: insight & strategy, sales & marketing, content & product and operations. It’s a hands-on job with many aspects working for a senior leader (and experienced mentor) with high expectations.
- Take responsibility to coordinate and manage all internal and external resources, to successfully deliver projects from the initiation stage to handover
- Overall planning & assembly of all activities in all phases of projects
- Lead in the delivery of projects in any aspect of business operation that is a priority to the MD
- Deliver high quality insights from desk research, stakeholder interviews and vendor management for strategy projects and client proposals
- Contribute to the formulation of actionable strategy recommendations
- Produce top-tier presentations and proposals in line with the MD’s expectations
- Working with and presenting recommendations to audiences of senior management
- Facilitating strategy and tactical discussions in broader teams across businesses and functions
- Manage development projects to ensure that they are delivered on time and budget and in line with quality expectations
- Operate flexibly to accommodate time zones and project requirements outside of normal hours/days
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in progress, preferably in business strategy, corporate finance or economics
- Ideally 6-10 years of relevant working experience in inhouse or management consulting, corporate finance, investment banks or FMCG in APAC (specific markets of interest SEA, India and Japan)
- Solid project delivery experience; having successfully managed or led complex, multi-function/multi-stakeholder projects
- Demonstrable and successful track record in application of consulting tools and solutions in solving complex business problems
- Experience of business operation (business development, account management, marketing strategies etc) a bonus
- Possess strong business development orientation and astute business acumen with strategic and analytical mindset
- Experience in working across complex matrix environments, the ideal individual should also be international in their outlook as well as culturally sensitive
- Fluent in English of a very high standard is a must; Japanese, Mandarin, Korean a bonus
- A self-starter, hands-on and must be comfortable in planning, setting up and running projects, systems, communication and processes from the ground up
- Adaptable and thrives in a challenging, constantly evolving and fast paced environment
- Demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness to identify opportunities and propose solutions
- Ability to work highly autonomously with a strong sense of drive and willingness to tackle from the smallest to the biggest task. Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to produce high quality written output in presentation, workbook and document formats
- Desire to build a long-term career and fast track within an international company
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- Annual leave
- House and rental tax benefit
- Fitness subsidy
- Private medical insurance
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We are Ascential: the specialist information, data and analytics company listed on the London Stock Exchange. We enable smart decision-making for the world’s most ambitious businesses across 150 countries. In an increasingly complex, digitally-driven world, we help the world’s top consumer companies understand what’s important and how to act on it.
We believe that when you can see the future, it’s easier to get there first. The primary focus of our brands is to drive excellence for the world’s top consumer companies across product design, marketing and digital commerce
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?