We’re looking for a Head of HR Operations to join our team in London and become an integral leader within our HR function.
The role will focus on:
- Managing the delivery of HR Operations to Ascential employees; defining and communicating service levels across the business.
- Managing and developing the HR Consultants team to meet the agreed service levels and to operate with a customer services ethos.
- Constantly looking for ways to simplify people processes and improve the HR operations service
- Lead the Global HR Operations consultants team to deliver a customer service approach to all staff within Ascential
- Manage HR global processes so that they are fit for purpose and have agreed, communicated service levels including testing of new system releases
- Deliver significant improvements in HR Operations effectiveness and productivity, offering a 1st line HR support service to the business, including first stage, low risk ER cases
- Enable employee/manager self-service through increased use of Workday, LOOOP – on-line training, including Manager Comms and other initiatives;
- Manage and report on the data integrity of the HR system; ensure processes are being followed and that it is a trusted source of information by the business
- Manage and maintain HR information to ensure a common filing system is in place and business continuity plans are agreed and communicated
- Undertake a review of HR policies to ensure they are fit for purpose and adhere to local legislation;
- Lead on HR Ops projects as identified
- In-depth understanding of how managing the fundamental HR service can create strategic advantage in organisations
- CIPD/relevant degree
- Experienced in running a HR shared service centre at a senior level, gained in different organisations that have provided exposure to a variety of business practices.
- Strong IT Skills / Workday or Cloud base HR technology would be an advantage
- In-depth understanding or interest in running a HR Operations Shared Service, with a strong customer service ethos
- Experience of developing the HR systems to improve service delivery and experience
- Experienced in developing process and outcome metrics; comfortable with manipulating and interpreting data
- Skilled influencer at all levels, both internally and externally. Able to develop good collaborative relationships across the business.
- Broad understanding of Ascential’s business operations, actively works with the executives and business heads to proactively identify and recommend appropriate solutions to ensure the business is fit for the future.
- Motivates and manages a team of direct and indirect reports to deliver a high quality, relevant service that supports the business in achieving its goals
- Actively works across HR boarders with HR colleagues to ensure that products and services are well communicated, positioned and delivered; champions HR within the business
- 25 days of holiday per year - with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?
To apply please click the button below and send your CV and any supporting documents to our Talent Team.