We're looking for a strong Head of Marketing to join our team in London and become an integral part of our marketing function.
The Head of Marketing is responsible for developing the marketing strategy for WGSN’s Barometer and Coloro brands. The right candidate would be a senior marketing manager or head of marketing who is comfortable both leading strategy as well as making sure the team is able to execute. You will be a confident communicator who is able to assess and articulate priorities in a structured manner. Experience working within a targeted environment and building strong constructive relationships with sales teams. The ideal candidate will also have experience in using customer insight to develop value propositions, which they have translated into effective marketing communications.
- Lead and manage the development of the team’s annual marketing strategies
- Accountable for lead generation and customer retention globally
- Informs planning for all campaigns, product launches and ensures the marketing executive can execute campaigns effectively
- Lead customer insight initiatives to develop an understanding of customer needs and pain points
- Oversee campaign management, designed to deliver revenue, customer volume and engagement KPIs
- Identify, develop and manage local external partnerships to grow awareness and generate leads
- Plan and execute customer and press events and webinars including speaker recruitment in close collaboration with the Content team
- Create and update sales and marketing collateral (including one-pagers, web site copy, white papers, reports etc.) for effective sales enablement and ensures the sales teams and the wider organisation are clear on the brand and products’ positioning and relative key messaging to be used externally; oversees local adaptation of collateral
- Foster a dynamic industrious and delivery culture across the team. Drive celebration of our wins, and lessons to be learned from our losses
- Recent experience in leading a successful marketing team as either a head of marketing or senior marketing manager within a matrix organisation
- Experience of developing compelling value propositions which clearly articulate how products will benefit target customers
- Experienced digital marketing professional with experience operating within global markets
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable developing and supporting in the execution of lead generation campaigns, using data to drive decisions, and optimise performance across channels
- A strong communicator able to motivate their own team, be a constructive partner to the commercial leadership team while supporting the goals of the brand and Ascential marketing function
- The ability to think strategically about their role in the wider context of the brand and organisation, and develop plans and adjust to multiple external factors and identify opportunities to partner with other Ascential brands
- The ability to think creatively in strategy and execution, demonstrating the ability to manage demands of several revenue streams simultaneously
- An understanding of the fashion, retail and design industries is desirable but not essential
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company.
WGSN is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?