We're looking for a Head of Product Management to join our team in London as part of our WARC function.
Based in London, the Product Manager will own the vision for our awards and membership products (who is the product for / what problem does it solve / why is it worth solving / how it should be packaged, priced and positioned), help define the digital customer experience and roadmap prioritization and will contribute to the business plan and the associated investment case across products.
They will work very closely with the various stakeholders across Cannes Lions and the digital product group (where the product is served with a dedicated team of engineers and designers) to set the product vision, identify new opportunities for innovation, gather and own requirements and work with the Dev teams to assure quality, on time and budget, delivery.
Over the past 18 months, the group has launched a broad range of digital products with the goal of extending the reach of the core festival business to year-round engagement. To accelerate this strategy, the Ascential digital team is now looking to bring on an exceptional product manager to join a team of product managers responsible for our mobile, web and e-commerce platform products.
- Work with stakeholders to help define the vision and strategy for Awards and our digital membership products within the business
- Translate the product vision into a tangible, refined backlog of work and be obsessive about delivering great product and getting out and learning from our customers
- Define quarterly objectives and outcomes (OKRs) that are prioritised against the needs of users and the requirements from within the business
- Lead the product team (usually a combination of engineers, designers and user research) on a day-to-day basis, supporting the team in the continual delivery of the products - while you might not be an engineering specialist an excellent understanding of digital product engineering and an ability to guide an engineering team is a must
- Ensure the products are instrumented to collect accurate data and analytics and become the expert in the performance of the product
- Communicate the discovery and delivery activities of the product team across the digital product group, liaising with other product managers as required and ensuring dependencies and risks are being tracked across related products
- Maintain an awareness of competitor products and market innovations to ensure our products differentiate themselves from the rest
- Support teams in sales and marketing in communicating the products to customers
The successful candidate will be an experienced product manager, with a stellar track record of creating and delivering against ambitious, customer-centric product strategies.
- Product vision and execution:
Will have experience in developing and scaling customer-led product. Will bring a strong end-to-end understanding of product, customer experience and technology. Will ideally have experience in products where connect, matching and facilitating discovery are a core part of the proposition but a broad range of backgrounds will be considered; natural curiosity is prized above specialisation
- Agile approach:
Will be an evangelist for agile / lean product development techniques, rapid prototyping and ‘getting out of the building’. Will celebrate progress not perfection, and move quickly
- Change agent:
Able to inspire people to re-align their ways of working and thinking behind a common vision
- Technology and data literate:
Will be technology-literate – able to converse with engineers and input into discussions on managing complex systems and the benefits of choosing certain framework technologies across our web and mobile apps portfolio
- Analytical, pragmatic & commercial:
Will be a structured and analytical thinker, taking a logical, fact-based approach to strategic decision-making. Will be highly pragmatic, capable of ruthlessly prioritising and making trade-offs
- Communication and stakeholder management:
Will be a proactive and effective communicator across the Ascential and Ascential Events leadership teams, building strong relationships with all the relevant stakeholders, and gaining the insights necessary to create a compelling product vision, strategy and roadmap. Will be a strong voice for the product function
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We work with the global advertising industry to make smarter, more effective marketing. We’re the global authority on advertising and media effectiveness, offering unbiased advice on almost any advertising and marketing issue.
We’re a brand full of smart people who are genuinely interested in the world’s most effective advertising, as well as the agencies and clients who make it. We’re proud of the reputation WARC has in the industry, striving to be excellent at everything we do.
WARC is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?