About the role
We're looking for a HRBP to join our team in Hongkong. As part of our HR, your key responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with all the locally present brands and leadership teams to identify HR solutions to operational business needs, whilst helping to create a one Ascential culture across all offices in Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia.
- Help to develop and implement best people management practices and collaborate effectively across the broad HR organization.
- Be a trusted advisor to the leadership team offering practical and commercial advice on both operational and commercial topics, working closely with the Global HR brand leaders.
- Support the deliver the HR strategy for the region in conjunction with business priorities and future requirements as well as centrally led HR initiatives.
- Supporting key stakeholders and managers ensuring they have sufficient confidence and knowledge to achieve objectives.
- A subject matter expert, providing guidance and advice on ER issues to the leadership and management community.
- Drives and supports effective business planning and challenges established/ingrained thinking. Supports the delivery of organisational change initiatives.
- Working in partnership with the business leadership team, China HR Manager, APAC Recruitment Manager, and L&D team to identify talent requirements, talent pipeline and to support succession and talent mapping processes.
- Employee engagement – working with the global HR team and the business leadership team to review, communicate and ensure actions are implemented, specific to supported employee population.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an HRBP/Specialist in a highly commercial, fast paced and operational business ideally experience in working in a global organisation.
- Proven track record of contributing to the business and strategic agenda and supporting operational change.
- A sound knowledge and understanding of local HK practices with APAC experience is preferred.
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining strong relationships and engenders trust and credibility within the leadership and management team.
- Strong influencing skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to act autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to travel abroad occasionally
- Able to speak/write excellent English and Mandarin
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- Annual leave
- House and rental tax benefit
- Fitness subsidy
- Private medical insurance
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy. Our information, insights, connections, data and digital tools solve customer problems in three disciplines:
- PRODUCT DESIGN via global trend forecasting service WGSN;
- MARKETING via global benchmark for creative excellence and effectiveness Cannes Lions and WARC and strategic advisory firm MediaLink;
- SALES via retail and eCommerce strategy and analytics products from One Click Retail, Clavis Insight and Planet Retail RNG, the world's premier payments and FinTech congress Money20/20, global retail industry summit World Retail Congress and Retail Week.
Ascential also powers political, construction and environmental intelligence brands: DeHavilland, Glenigan and Groundsure.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?