About the Role
We are looking for a China HRBP based in Shanghai China. The HRBP will work closely with all the locally present brands and leadership teams to identify HR solutions to operational business needs, whilst helping to define and execute the HR strategy within China Ascential operations.
The business partner will help to develop and implement best people management practices and collaborate effectively across the broad HR organization.
The HRBP will be a trusted advisor to the leadership team offering practical and commercial advice on both operational and commercial topics.
- The HRBP will deliver the HR strategy for the region in conjunction with business priorities and future requirements as well as centrally led HR initiatives
- Coaching and supporting key stakeholders and managers ensuring they have sufficient confidence and knowledge to achieve objectives
- A subject matter expert, providing guidance and advice on ER issues to the leadership and management community
- Drives and supports effective business planning and challenges established/ingrained thinking. Supports the delivery of organizational change initiatives
- Working in partnership with the business leadership team, Recruitment Manager, and L&D team to identify talent requirements, talent pipeline and to support succession and talent mapping processes
- Employee engagement – working with the global HR team and the business leadership team to review, communicate and ensure actions are implemented, specific to supported employee population
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience as an HRBP in a highly commercial, fast paced and operational business
- Proven track record of contributing to the business and strategic agenda and leading change
- A sound knowledge and understanding of Chinese employment law
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining strong relationships and engenders trust and credibility within the leadership and management team
- Strong influencing skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to act autonomously in a fast paced environment
- Occasional foreign travel
Our Application Processes
This link will redirect you to our careers page which will ask you to create an account to upload your CV; application time is a 1-3 minutes simple process.
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- Annual leave
- Private medical insurance
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy. Our information, insights, connections, data and digital tools solve customer problems in three disciplines:
- PRODUCT DESIGN via global trend forecasting service WGSN;
- MARKETING via global benchmark for creative excellence and effectiveness Cannes Lions and WARC and strategic advisory firm MediaLink;
- SALES via retail and eCommerce strategy and analytics products from One Click Retail, Clavis Insight and Planet Retail RNG, the world's premier payments and FinTech congress Money20/20, global retail industry summit World Retail Congress and Retail Week.
Ascential also powers political, construction and environmental intelligence brands: DeHavilland, Glenigan and Groundsure.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?