We are looking for a HR Operations Payroll Specialist – APAC region, based in Shanghai China. This exciting role offers great opportunity to provide a full HR administration and payroll service to employees within the APAC region, acting as a first point of contact for all HR and payroll enquiries and supporting global HR Operations projects and initiatives as required in the region.
If you are looking to work with inspiring people with a can-do mindset in a fast pace environment, this could be the right position for you!
- To administer all starter and leaver processes including all contact and offer documentation.
- To undertake all required pre-employment checks, updating and discussing with line manager and recruitment team as appropriate
- To maintain and update online employee files containing all employment-related information.
- To provide administration support for the engagement of contingent workers.
- To prepare all letters or contracts for any changes to employee terms and conditions e.g. flexible working, promotions etc.
- To handle maternity, paternity, adoption, shared parental leave and parental leave administration processes, including supporting employee in Workday, and undertaking employee conversations to ensure that associated payroll processes are completed.
- To prepare, as required, reports on employee-related data to assist with the management and development of staff.
- First point of contact for HR queries, signposting for relevant HRBP or manager onwards as appropriate.
- In the absence of the HRBP, to escalate issues of concern to the Head of HR Operations.
- Complete any HR audit requirements and/or reporting as required.
- To provide general administration support to the HR department as required.
- To facilitate the China payroll process (approx. 70 employees) from start to finish, liaising with the business to receive payroll changes and work with the payroll provider on a monthly basis, including but not limited to monthly end to end payroll processing, social insurance/public housing fund enrolment, individual income tax submissions etc
- Proactive management of the relationship with the Payroll provider pushing for excellence in delivery and continuous improvements.
- Accountable for China payroll, development of robust procedures and ensure legislative compliance through outsourced partners.
- Ensure high accuracy of payroll result and on time delivery
- Responsible for payroll reports preparation and data analysis when needed
- Become the go to person for all matters relating to Payroll – act as point of contact for all payroll information between the business and outsourced payroll provider.
- Providing resolution of employees queries in a timely manner
- Build relationships with key business partners, identifying process improvements and assisting in making and implementing recommendations.
- Working with the wider HR Operations global team to support the global Workday system
- To provide advice to users including resolving or supporting the resolution of problems or resolving with HR Systems Specialist as required.
- To own accurate and timely maintenance of region data including weekly reporting and chasing of gaps or incomplete business processes.
- To induct all new starters on using Workday as part of the induction process and support with ongoing training.
- To maintain own continuing professional development, keeping up to date with legal requirements and relevant HR and payroll developments.
- To maintain appropriate confidentiality of information relating to the Company and HR data and maintain compliance with secure data.
- Support Head of HR Operations with reviewing policies and procedures in line with current employment legislation and are consistent with best practice recommending improvement where needed.
- Support with HR reporting and analysis to ensure business improvement.
- Support with HR Operations projects as required.
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver.
- Sound experience of HR and payroll administration. Knowledge of Workday system would be beneficial
- Excellent verbal, written and numeracy skills
- Excellent organisational skills including ability to manage time and prioritise effectively.
- Strong IT skills, skilled in using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint packages and experienced in working with HR packages /databases.
- Able to work independently and on own initiative within specified guidelines or processes.
- Logical, methodical and ruthless attention to detail
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and able to deal with colleagues at all levels.
- Able to work appropriately with confidential and sensitive information.
- Experience of project management and working with third parties in the implementation of a managed payroll and flexible benefits
- Challenge external providers if required
- Experience of managing outsourced Payroll function
- Sound knowledge of HR/Payroll legislation in APAC
- Ability to apply knowledge and skills learned to benefit others
Our application processes
This link will redirect you to our careers page which will ask you to create an account to upload your CV; application time is a 1-3 minutes simple process.
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- Annual leave
- Private medical insurance
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy. Our information, insights, connections, data and digital tools solve customer problems in three disciplines:
- PRODUCT DESIGN via global trend forecasting service WGSN;
- MARKETING via global benchmark for creative excellence and effectiveness Cannes Lions and WARC and strategic advisory firm MediaLink;
- SALES via retail and eCommerce strategy and analytics products from One Click Retail, Clavis Insight and Planet Retail RNG, the world's premier payments and FinTech congress Money20/20, global retail industry summit World Retail Congress and Retail Week.
Ascential also powers political, construction and environmental intelligence brands: DeHavilland, Glenigan and Groundsure.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?