We're looking for an Information Security Analyst to join our team in London as part of our Technology function.
You will be working as part of a focused team to set and deliver the security strategy for the organisation and its core platforms, A key focus of the role will be cloud security and helping to ensure the correct controls and measures are in place to protect the cloud estate, whilst also addressing key operational aspects such as auditing, remediation, evaluating new technology, malware analysis, digital forensic work and End User Cyber Security Awareness . This will provide a fantastic opportunity to get further hands on experience with setting and managing Cloud Security standards, security auditing and ethical hacking tools, as well as providing scope to develop your own vulnerability assessment skills.
You must have demonstrable experience of setting, implementing, and managing security standards in cloud environments, be able to demonstrate some level of programming or scripting and be comfortable with both Linux and Windows operating systems. Experience with implementing and managing DLP, SIEM, and Vulnerability Management toolsets is desirable. You will also be expected to assist with internal forensic investigations including memory forensics, timeline creation, and malware analysis, along with assisting in any incidents. If these are not areas that you are already experienced in, then this is a great opportunity to learn. Travel to other Ascential offices may be required from time to time.
- Input to shape our Information Security strategy to stay abreast of the evolving threat landscape as relevant to Ascential
- Help define and implement the Cloud Security standards across our product platforms working with our global Product teams
- Support key strategic projects selecting and implementing tooling (for example SIEM tooling, DLP, Vulnerability Management). Supporting or running product evaluations to select new Information Security solutions
- Research current threats from a variety of sources to highlight those that pose a risk to Ascential
- Upskilling a motivated network of Security Champions in tools and processes used by the Information Security team, allowing them to provide effective 24-hour first response
- Creating and delivering engaging cyber security awareness content
- Running regular internal auditing activity to discover vulnerabilities, threats, and breach of company security policy
- Learning, shaping, and executing our Cyber Incident Response process when necessary
- Assisting with daily checks of monitoring and logging systems
- Helping to ensure our Information Security policies and procedures remain up to date and relevant
- Information Security related certifications such as (CISSP, SSCP or CCSP)
- Excellent understanding of information security best practices.
- Vulnerability Management
- Understanding of securing Cloud platforms
- Monitoring and identifying suspicious or harmful activities
- Previous experience in Incident Response
- Ideally minimum two years’ experience in an Information Security role
- Experience of working in an Enterprise IT team or a managed hosting environment / ISP beneficial
- Demonstrable Cloud (AWS is preferable) expertise both from a policy/standards/delivery perspective and threat analysis and compliance reporting
- Experience of G Suite, Windows 10 and MacOS
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?