We're looking for an Insights Director to join our team in London as part of our Content function.
This newly created, senior content role will take the lead in developing WARC’s research and insights content. Our clients - including the world’s leading advertisers and agencies - want fresh insight, curated ideas, new research and actionable advice to help them succeed. This role will build on the existing WARC content offer, with a brief to look for new insights opportunities and introduce new formats to what we do.
The role will lead a talented team already producing smart research-based content - using both quant and qual techniques - with additional scope to work with other brands within Ascential’s marketing portfolio, including Cannes Lions and MediaLink.
You would manage workflow across the team, introduce new thinking, and apply high quality standards. With significant research and insights experience, this role will boost WARC’s capabilities in this area. You’d be working with several unique inputs - data, examples and insights from our unrivalled content set, direct interviews with marketing leaders, plus a range of original research and analysis. This will be a highly collaborative role, working alongside WARC’s other senior team members to deliver an industry-leading content agenda. It will also involve collaboration with the WARC Advisory team on bespoke projects for clients.
- Leading a newly created Marketing Insight team, managing a talented team of researchers and editors.
- Developing an annual insights product calendar, including new formats and ideas of how to present data-led, analytical content to WARC customers
- Introduce new thinking in terms of research projects, data collection and presentation, building out our research capabilities
- Assigning work across the team based on the needs of the project and collaborating with colleagues from other teams
- Developing WARC’s STEPIC methodology for trend analysis and building this in line with colleagues across Ascential
- Working with WARC Advisory to manage delivery of bespoke projects and co-branded research
- Overseeing quality control
- Working with senior members of other brands in Ascential to deliver insights work to the WARC standard - this will be a growing part of the role over time
- Being a visible face of WARC, including presenting at conferences, and on video and audio products
- Significant experience in a content or a research/insights environment, with subject matter expertise in consumer trends, marketing, advertising or media
- Highly numerate, with experience of data analysis and building insights out of data and research. Experience of using market research software and data visualisation software preferable.
- Experience producing insights reports or decks drawing on multiple sources and forms of insight, including an eye for visual layout
- Experience of managing a high-performing team
- Experience presenting insights to clients or other audiences, including experience of presenting to camera
- Hands-on knowledge of PowerPoint or equivalent software
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We work with the global advertising industry to make smarter, more effective marketing. We’re the global authority on advertising and media effectiveness, offering unbiased advice on almost any advertising and marketing issue.
We’re a brand full of smart people who are genuinely interested in the world’s most effective advertising, as well as the agencies and clients who make it. We’re proud of the reputation WARC has in the industry, striving to be excellent at everything we do.
WARC is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?