We're looking for a Interim Group Senior Financial Accountant (Mat Cover) to join our team in London as part of our Finance function.
You will be responsible for delivering the monthly consolidation and significant elements of the monthly management accounts pack, focusing on the P&L below EBITDA, balance sheet, cash flow and working capital. You will present your areas to the CFO and promptly resolve any queries that arise. You will make a significant contribution to the preparation of the Group’s half-yearly financial statements, including managing HFM journals, note preparation and liaising with our external auditors.
- Preparation of the monthly consolidation in HFM accurately and on time
- Performing reconciliations for all equity accounts, investments and provisions
- Coordination of elements of the monthly management accounts pack, including preparation of the P&L, balance sheet, cash flow and working capital slides and supporting analysis
- Producing the intercompany reconciliation and FX analysis on intercompany balances
Half-yearly group external reporting
- Responsible for preparing the primary statements and a selection of notes to the Group financial
- statements as well as owner of the parent company financial statements
- Reconciliation of the foreign currency translation reserve
- Managing HFM journals
- Resolving queries from our external auditors
- Responsible for cash flow, balance sheet and working capital forecasting
- Excellent educational background including Big 4 ACA qualification with a minimum of 3 years PQE
- Experience of HFM and Oracle financial systems would be advantageous
- Strong planning and prioritisation skills with focus on delivery of objectives
- Well-developed presentation and communication skills, including confidence with communicating with senior stakeholders
- Highly analytical with a key focus on detail
- A proven track record of improving systems and processes
- Passionate, energetic, high drive and ambition as well as a high level of initiative and self-motivation
- Good demonstrable skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and G-Suite
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?