We're looking for an IT Service Consultant, APAC to join our team in Shanghai. As part of our CIO Group, your key responsibilities will include:
- Resolving or fulfilling all incoming interactions from users in person, on the phone and via e-mail in a 70/30 Windows/Mac OS based environment
- Ensuring all interactions with users are logged and managed throughout the ticket lifecycle in line with the SLAs agreed with the organization
- Managing on-site IT build rooms and the associated equipment including maintaining and repairing laptops as required
- Contributing to the meeting of key performance indicator metrics outlined by the APAC Service Manager
- Building and configuring both Windows and Mac OS hardware through relevant automation platforms
- Handling inbound telephone calls to the Service Desk as required.
- Liaising with relevant 3rd line departments to resolve more complex technical issues where required
- Sharing knowledge with both technical members of staff and end users through the creation of documentation as per agreed templates
- Maintaining and developing own technical knowledge and skills through utilizing online training platform
- Identifying and escalating repeat issues to increase first time fault resolution
- Delivering training to staff on core technologies such as Microsoft Office and Fuze.
- Supporting user audio/visual meetings and events in both office and off-site locations as required
- Enforcing all IT security policies, reporting any breaches or risks to the Security Management team appropriately
- Sharing responsibility of covering weekends on call with rest of the team.
- 4+ years relevant experience, working within a Service Desk environment
- Extremely personable, able to communicate effectively with users at all levels of the organization via various communication methods
- Problem solver, demonstrate a logical approach to problem solving
- Genuinely enthusiastic, remaining positive in challenging situations
- Thirsty for knowledge, looking to develop and improve own skills
- Excellent communicator, able to present complex technology information clearly and concisely, adapting communication style as required
- Agile, able to react and adapt to varied situations in a calm and efficient manner
- Attention to detail, along with a focus on deliverables
- Team player, able to work effectively as part of a team which is spread out globally with varying workload and pressures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Mandarin Chinese are essential. Able to explain technical issues in clear and concise terms.
Our application processes
This link will redirect you to our careers page which will ask you to create an account to upload your CV; application time is a 1-3 minutes simple process.
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- Annual Leave
- Private medical insurance
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy. Our information, insights, connections, data and digital tools solve customer problems in three disciplines:
- PRODUCT DESIGN via global trend forecasting service WGSN;
- MARKETING via global benchmark for creative excellence and effectiveness Cannes Lions and WARC and strategic advisory firm MediaLink;
- SALES via retail and eCommerce strategy and analytics products from One Click Retail, Clavis Insight and Planet Retail RNG, the world's premier payments and FinTech congress Money20/20, global retail industry summit World Retail Congress and Retail Week.
Ascential also powers political, construction and environmental intelligence brands: DeHavilland, Glenigan and Groundsure.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?