We're looking for a Junior Project Manager to join our group strategy team in London. As Junior Project Manager you will oversee the governance, planning, delivery, implementation and tracking of agreed strategic projects and ensure all agreed deliverables are met.
Planning and readiness
- Agree project scope, deliverables and overall governance with project leads and stakeholders.
- Create detailed project plan to identify and sequence the milestones and activities needed to successfully deliver the project.
- Determine required resources and assign activities to complete the project.
- Develop clear tracking and reporting mechanisms.
Delivery and implementation
- Manage project resources to deliver activities and ensure they are fully briefed at all times.
- Manage project execution according to the project plan.
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure its successful completion.
- Build enough awareness of the core project scope, actions, etc. to help assess any project blockers and identify appropriate solutions.
- Manage risks and issues efficiently, monitoring mitigating actions closely and escalating relevant items as appropriate to the right stakeholders.
- Ensure that all relevant project information is appropriately documented.
- Be able to clearly communicate what the project key objectives, risks and issues are.
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets required standards.
- Prioritise activities as per business needs and ensure clear communication around this prioritisation.
The successful candidate is likely to have experience of the following areas;
- A proven track record of project management experience.
- Experience of delivering strategic and complex transformation projects.
- Must have strong business acumen and experience in running cross-functional (and sometimes cross-brands) projects.
- Strong stakeholder management and communications skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Power Point, Excel).
- Leadership skills: ability to positively engage with, and influence, others to achieve results in an appropriate manner.
- Organisational skills: ability to identify and set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track activities.
- Planning skills: ability to identify deliverables, set goals, create and implement actions plans and evaluate the process and results. Ability to identify risks / issues and escalate accordingly.
- Problem solving skills: ability to assess obstacles, identify the root cause, generate possible solutions, make recommendations and resolve.
- Decision making skills: ability to quickly assess the importance, urgency and risks, making or recommending clear decisions.
- Communication skills: ability to speak, listen and write in a clear, concise, thorough and timely manner using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Team working: ability to foster teamwork amongst project resources to ensure successful project completion.
- Be capable of communicating with senior stakeholders and influencing discussions and decisions.
- Demonstrate a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Be calm and professional at all times.
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?