We're looking for a strong Junior Sub-Editor to join our team in Singapore and become an integral part of our Content function.
The Junior Sub-Editor assists the Sub-Editors in enforcing the quality control of all WGSN content.
- Sub-edit content to a high standard to prepare it for publication
- Responsible for ensuring the correct grammar, spelling, house style and tone of voice across WGSN’s digital, print and advisory products
- Work with different parts of the business, including content, product, marketing and WGSN’s advisory business, Mindset
- Regularly check the production flow and communicate with editors, consultants and the design team when necessary
- Comply with content standards at WGSN, with a visible measure of success
- Support launches of new products, including repurposing and migrating of existing content
- Contribute to Subbing feedback for consultants, editors and analysts on how to produce exceptional content
- Checks captions and credits for images, ensuring images are correctly credited in house style and for copyright
- Checks subtitles for video content on Youtube, Vimeo and social media
- Regularly checks the homepage and any live content to check if there are spelling/grammar/factual errors
- Help cover for the Senior Sub Editors when required, with email fielding, workflow queries and other ad hoc tasks
- Excellent spelling and grammar skills
- Thorough fact-checking abilities
- Sub-editing experience
- Competence with digital systems (CMS etc)
- Experience of digital publishing for a global audience
- Strong understanding of project delivery and delivering to briefs
- Excellent working knowledge of Google Workspace, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, WordPress, Adobe and CMS platforms
- Highly organised, able to prioritise and able to deliver multiple complex projects at one time
- Excellent at internal relationship building
- Highly skilled in communication, both verbal and written
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- Annual leave
- Private medical insurance
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company.
WGSN is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?