We're looking for a L&D Manager on a fixed term contract basis to join our team in London. This role is part of a team that ensures Ascential has the right capability and performance for current and future success. So that all staff have the right knowledge, skills, behaviours and experience to successfully deliver the business strategy, this role identifies, delivers, promotes and evaluates innovative and effective L&D solutions for all Ascential, the specific focus of this role is on learning & development programmes that drive engagement and performance.
- Undertake periodic training needs analysis to ensure that the L&D framework is relevant and appropriate for all level with Ascential
- Design, deliver and/or facilitate learning programmes: from induction to leadership development, Performance Review process including Personal Development Plans, Career Management and Succession Planning
- Partner with Talent Acquisition on psychometrics and assessment for development and recruitment
- Design or outsource learning and development solutions that are appropriate to requirements
- Market and promote L&D opportunities for Ascential staff in line with training needs analysis, in a joined-up way
- Evaluate the quality, consistency, impact and application of learning programs/initiatives. Ensure external providers deliver within their SLAs
- Support the implementation and embed any new Ascential learning/engagement programmes that enable brands/departments achieve their strategy
- Respond to L&D needs highlighted by brand/departmental people planning and through consultation and agreement with the Head of Talent Development and People Leadership Team
- Work with the business partnering teams to undertake training needs analysis and support on bespoke career development/learning plans/away days/ team builds
- Report on Learning & Development evaluation.
- Regularly interpret, report and advise on all L&D activity, data and insights to assist in driving performance and behaviour change. Frequency to be agreed with the People Leadership Team
- Identify new learning opportunities where HR can add value to the business.
The successful candidate is likely to have experience of the following areas;
- Able to demonstrate clear commercial acumen
- Strong coaching and facilitation ability
- Consultative style with the ability to constructively challenge senior business leads
- Confident communicator and influencer, both verbally and written
- Robust relationship management and partnering skills
- Proven project management skills
- Experience in a consultative learning and development role
- Experience of analysing, designing, outsourcing, delivering and evaluating learning and development initiatives and programmes
- Maintaining knowledge of progressive L&D practices and trends
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?