We're looking for a Mergers & Acquisitions Analyst to join our team in London. Reporting to the SVP M&A, the M&A Analyst will be responsible for accelerating Ascential's global growth strategy through acquisitions, disposals, JVs and strategic partnerships. Since the Group's IPO we have executed a large number of acquisitions (OCR, MediaLink, Warc, Clavis and Brandview) and disposals (HSJ, EMAP and Ascential Exhibitions). Applicants must have a solid background in corporate finance through academia or professional experience (ideally both) and should thrive in a small team where analysts are given a huge amount of responsibility. The M&A function is a small and entrepreneurial team that is responsible for accelerating Ascential's global growth strategy through acquisitions, disposals, JVs and strategic partnerships.
- Acquisition target origination including research, filtering and presentation of suitable targets for Ascential
- Reaching out to suitable targets to arrange initial meetings and explore their appetite for sale
- Providing support to M&A Manager/Director on live M&A projects- including, but not limited to:
- Reviewing M&A materials such as IMs, Teasers etc
- Building acquisition business models including scenario analysis
- Valuation of targets using net asset, DCF, CQC and Comparable Transaction multiple methodologies
- Helping run due diligence work streams on transactions
- Ownership of Ascential origination pipeline and development of relevant ecosystems
- Maintain competitor comparison analysis for Ascential
- Maintain list of comparable transactions and traded comparables
- Research portfolios of PE companies to identify key targets and facilitate introductions
- Maintaining and iterating M&A templates
- Updating key M&A deliverables e.g. deal status updates, MAR table, class tests
The successful candidate is likely to have experience of the following areas;
- Financial qualification (ACA/CFA or MSc degree in Finance, Strategy, Economics)
- Relevant M&A experience including research and due diligence
- Strong technical skills including modelling
- Comfortable working as part of a team, but also autonomously
- Strong IT skills (particularly all Microsoft office products)
- Exposure to the media sector would be beneficial but not essential
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?