We're looking for a M&A Finance Integration Director to join our Group Finance team at our London HQ. M&A has been a key component of the Ascential story, and since our IPO in 2016 we have executed a large number of acquisitions (One Click Retail, MediaLink, Warc, Clavis, Brandview and Flywheel) and disposals (Health Service Journal, EMAP, MEED and Ascential Exhibitions). We are looking for a M&A finance integration Director to lead successful finance integrations of future acquired businesses and the migration of our disposed businesses to their new parent company.
Develop a “Finance Playbook”
- Develop a standardised, yet flexible approach to finance integration
- Prepare a Financial Playbook document that sets out to the newly acquired companies Ascential integration approach and how they should expect Ascential to manage, operate and measure their business with 90 days post completion
Own the financial integration of newly acquired businesses
- Own finance integrations from pre-acquisition to full integration
- Oversee transition into standardised structure, financial systems, process & control
- Operate within wider integration programme and co-ordinates with other workstreams
- Operate across multiple acquisitions/integrations at range of stages of integration at any time, within agreed governance structure
- Ensure adequate finance resources and structures are in place to run the finance function post integration phase.
- Ensure appropriate reporting is in place for Earn Out calculations
- Act as non-partisan negotiators in finding sensible compromises between viewpoints when conflict arises
Mergers & Acquisitions Finance review
- Together with the M&A team, review business cases proposed by the management of the target and establish realistic post acquisition budgets and integration budgets
- Review Earn Out models and calculations
- Review deal structure and deal mechanics
The successful candidate is likely to have experience of the following areas;
- A project manager and change leader
- Hands-on, solution focussed attitude, with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- A natural team player, able to bring people behind her/him to ensure that integrations are delivered and adhered to throughout
- Analytical and business diagnostic skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for the purposes of clearly communicating to senior management
- Highly numerate and very comfortable in Excel and Powerpoint
- Deep understanding of key financial processes and systems
- High energy, level headed, not afraid of challenging conventions
- Worked on or delivered multiple finance integrations and/or separations
- Experience of change management and transformation initiatives
- Extensive finance experience offering a good understanding of the multiple finance functional areas of an organisation
- Bachelor's degree or Qualified accountant
- Please note there will be regular international travel in this position
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?