We're looking for a Management Accountant to join our team in London as part of our Finance function.
We have a newly created Management Accountant role to support the Edge by Ascential business. The successful candidate will be the key partner to technology teams and within the Edge business, complete monthly forecasting, oversee month end accounting, and lead on ad-hoc project work focussed on cost optimisation. You will build strong relationships with your stakeholders to become their trusted advisor.
- Supporting the delivery of finance activities, including monthly forecasting, purchase order control, and month end close in collaboration with the Financial Accounting team. Activities include:
- Preparation of management reporting and presentations for EDGE stakeholders and Group
- P&L variance analysis and investigation
- Project budget and benefits tracking for our Product Engineering, Decision Science, and Tech Operations functions
- Working with a variety of stakeholders across the business to understand and analyse our cost to serve customers
- Building collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across Edge
- Supporting the budget process, ensuring accuracy and financial rigour
- Ad-hoc project work to support the objectives of the Commercial Finance team
- Reviewing processes and identifying opportunities to deliver efficiency and understanding through enhanced analysis/reporting
- Bachelor’s degree – Accounting/Finance preferable
- 1-2 years PQE with a professional accounting qualification
- Advanced demonstrable Microsoft Excel skills; comfortable building Excel models/reports.
- Experience with Oracle accounting suite including Hyperion Financial Management desirable
- Experience in working with other Microsoft applications (PowerPoint, Outlook) and Google suite
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines, manage multiple deliverables and build cross-functional partnerships
- Previous experience working in a B2B information services / SAAS business is favourable
- Comfortable working with large datasets and able to distil complex issues down to key messages.
- Strong organisational skills and capable of juggling multiple competing priorities.
- Experience of business partnering, working with, and challenging teams from other functions/disciplines, particularly within technology functions
- Intellectual curiosity with a proven ability to connect disparate data points
- Excellent communication skills
- Aptitude and passion for learning
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
Edge by Ascential™ delivers some of the industry’s most accurate and actionable sales-driving data, insights and advisory solutions for global brands and retailers looking to win in today’s ecommerce-driven world.
Formerly Brand View, Clavis Insight, One Click Retail and PlanetRetail RNG, Edge by Ascential was launched in October of 2018, bringing four brands under one roof. Our market leading products are a product of our people and we are always in the market for top talent.
If you are interested in progressing your career, this position represents a great opportunity to join our team at an exciting stage in its development and expansion. Edge is headquartered in London, with offices in the USA, UK, China, Germany and France. Find out more at www.ascentialedge.com
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?