We're looking for a Marketing Manager, Price + Promo to join our team in Reading. As part of our Marketing function your key responsibilities will include:
- Owns marketing strategy including positioning, value proposition and messaging of current and new products to ensure they are differentiated and relevant to core archetypes and personas
- Creating marketing toolkits (e.g. sales enablement materials, white papers, and other collateral) to support roll-out by Field Marketing
- Effective launch of new products and services
- Leads customer insight initiatives to develop a deep understanding of customer needs and pain points, their behaviour in relation to Ascential’s products and services, as well as their perception of the brand; develops archetype and ideally persona profiles and ensures they are embedded throughout the segment
- Influences product/propositions teams to tailor the offer to best align to target audiences. Cutting through their complexity to create compelling offerings which align with marketing and brand objectives.
- Informs planning for go-to-market strategies on product launches and provides field marketers with toolkits to ensure they are able to plan and execute campaigns effectively
- Works with Planning and Proposition to tie product messaging into hero campaign launches
- Creates and updates sales and marketing collateral (including one-pagers, web site copy, white papers, reports etc..) for effective sales enablement and ensures the sales teams and the wider organisation are clear on the brand and products’ positioning and relative key messaging to be used externally; oversees local adaptation of collaterals
- Experience developing marketing propositions and working in a customer-focused marketing team, developing and executing marketing strategy successfully while collaborating cross-functionally and building consensus, with effective project management expertise
- Direct experience working for or with Amazon.com, and an understanding of the needs of the manufacturer vendor community
- Excellent written, verbal and copy writing skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical capabilities including proficiency in Excel, with the ability to develop creative/non-traditional solutions for challenging, undefined problems
- Passion for working with technology products and solving customer needs
- Experience developing and working with customer personas
- Self-starting nature and a willingness to take ownership is a must
- Experience working in a fast-paced company under tight deadlines
- Comfortable with change and shifting priorities
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?