We're looking for a Marketing Specialist to join our team in London as part of our Marketing function.
This role in the Retail Week and World Retail Congress Events marketing team will see you working on market-leading awards and conferences. You will be responsible for driving volume and revenue growth of conferences (delegates and sponsorship) and awards (entries & tables sales) through intelligent data-backed marketing campaigns using predominantly online means.
- To plan and implement effective, targeted integrated multi-media marketing campaigns for your events programmes that drive our customer numbers and enrich their relationship with us.
- To allocate spending and resources that will generate the best returns, whilst carefully managing costs to ensure profit targets are also met
- To ensure all marketing and telesales activity and results are tracked and measured to allow dynamic investment based on analysis of current and past performance
- Create comprehensive data and segmentation strategies to ensure total audience is reached with the right messaging
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders to ensure sales, production/event management, sponsorship sales and logistics are fully aligned with strategic marketing objectives, and also, where necessary, supported by marketing activity and strategy
- Report on past, current & projected performance against target KPIs
- To build key relationships with third-party organisations in order to increase brand preference, raise event profile, extend marketing reach, increase our customer base and drive revenue.
- To actively seek out and implement new initiatives to drive audience revenue
- Ideally 2+ years’ experience of working in direct marketing
- Hold a degree or equivalent marketing diploma
- Innovative and creative - Ready to work as part of the team and test and innovate to drive results
- Target-oriented = you have worked in a measured environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and use of excel/data packages (intermediate)
- Extremely well organised and able to manage and prioritise a diverse workload (and able to articulate management of time/process)
- Able to create a network of peers and build relationships across the business (stakeholder management – cross-function)
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
RWRC helps businesses in the commerce sector win in the digital economy. We do this by explaining the impact of the latest developments transforming the sector, by benchmarking the digital performance of commerce companies, connecting like-minded people to build partnerships that unlock growth and inspiring people with new ideas that will drive their digital future.
Joining us will let you work alongside the most extraordinary individuals in a fast-paced, hard-working, award-winning team. We pride ourselves on having a high level of individual accountability and autonomy, allowing you the flexibility to do your best work.
RWRC is a part of the Ascential group. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?