We're looking for a Policy Coordinator to join our team in London as part of our Content function.
The Policy Coordinator would support the work of a Service Team Unit, working with Executives, Consultants and Specialists to maintain a portfolio of clients. They would focus on providing daily reports, alerting for non-core sectors and administrative tasks for the Unit.
At DeHavilland we very much see the Coordinator role as an apprenticeship to the Executive position, so the Coordinator should seek to perform tasks as close to that of an Executive as possible without the responsibility of managing a portfolio. While the main responsibilities will involve supporting the Unit with their day-to- day work, this is a client-facing role and we will look to give you increasing amounts of exposure to clients and ownership of certain responsibilities as they progress.
When applying for this role please include a Cover Letter along with your CV.
- Deliver timely and relevant monitoring to customers in the form of alerts and daily/weekly reports
- Support Executives, Consultants and Specialists in producing ad-hoc research for clients, as well as contributing to the briefings that DeHavilland produces
- Work closely with the team to ensure that all aspects of service delivery meet client expectations
- Perform administrative tasks to ensure that client records and service arrangements are fully up to date
- Cover debates and votes live in the Commons and Lords, as well as help identify parliamentary business of interest to clients
- Confident and professional manner
- Positive attitude and willingness to work in a client-facing, commercial role
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Qualified to degree level, preferably in a relevant subject
- Ideally at least 6 months experience in a UK political/public affairs role
- Good general knowledge of and a genuine interest in British politics and Parliament
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We believe politics shouldn’t happen without you. We bring expert clarity to the changing political environment, enabling our customers to enhance their influence and anticipate risks and opportunities.
We’re a brand with the autonomy to make changes quickly, but with the support of a larger organisation. This enables us to constantly refine our political intelligence and research services and gives our employees the freedom to explore and develop.
DeHavilland is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?