We're looking for a Political Coordinator to join our team in London as part of our Content function.
DeHavilland’s Political Coordinators are part of the Content Team, who work together to provide our clients with well-informed, tailored and engaging content about UK and EU politics, as well as driving and maintaining high quality content. This includes sourcing written data and events, populating DeHavilland’s internal systems, and producing regular alerts for clients. A Political Coordinator works closely with other members of the Content Team, to provide public affairs professionals with the comprehensive information they need, in a timely way.
When applying for this role we encourage you to include a cover letter along with your CV.
- Sourcing large quantities of written content, through a combination of automated technology and manual tasks
- Tracking political events and collating them in a forward planner
- Producing timely and engaging alerts for clients
- Maintaining and growing DeHavilland’s relationships with the press offices of political organisations and other relevant stakeholders
- Proof-reading and editing
- Helping to update DeHavilland’s PeoplePoint database of political stakeholders
- Producing well written summaries of parliamentary business and committee sessions, in line with the house style
- Contributing to the researching and writing of briefings
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with speed and accuracy
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and prioritisation skills
- Confidence and experience handling data
- Positive attitude
- A commitment to teamwork
- Desire to think critically, to improve work and processes
- Qualified to degree level (or with work experience which demonstrates equivalent skills and development)
- Good general knowledge of and / or a genuine passion for British or EU politics
- Experience of using social media in a professional context
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We believe politics shouldn’t happen without you. We bring expert clarity to the changing political environment, enabling our customers to enhance their influence and anticipate risks and opportunities.
We’re a brand with the autonomy to make changes quickly, but with the support of a larger organisation. This enables us to constantly refine our political intelligence and research services and gives our employees the freedom to explore and develop.
DeHavilland is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?