We're looking for a Political Data Executive to join our team in Savoy Court, London (homeworking) as part of our Content (Data & Sourcing) function.
The political data DeHavilland sources forms the backbone of our service to clients. Our sourcing and data team manages the flow and quality of that information, pre-empting and preventing errors and striving for continual improvement in our systems and processes as well as the data itself. This ranges from press releases, to politicians’ contact details, to upcoming events in the public affairs and policy space. It underpins DeHavilland’s day-to-day political monitoring and is the basis for our bespoke research.
The Political Data Executive will work with the product lead to develop, maintain and improve DeHavilland’s internal systems and processes for ensuring our data is accurate, timely and complete. They will work with colleagues to source, organise and update content according to those systems and will be take a lead on liaising with the delivery team to ensure continuous improvement of quality of processes and data itself. Members of the sourcing and data team combine a knack for organising and maintaining data with an interest in politics and current affairs, to keep our sourcing cutting-edge and our databases the most comprehensive on the market.
- Designing and owning systems to keep our data accurate and up to date
- Overseeing and making updates to our databases of politicians' details and political events
- Using our scraping software to ensure that we are gathering news content from all relevant sources
- Communicating with the Delivery Team to plan for upcoming events and agree on processes
- Using your data skills to help expand and deliver on DeHavilland custom research capacity
- Building and developing relationships with relevant external organisations from whom DeHavilland regularly sources information
- Experience of working with large datasets
- Ability to plan ahead and design systems and checklists to ensure data is up to date
- Eagerness to pick up new technologies
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (esp. Excel)
- A passion for politics (UK and/or EU) and understanding of the political context in which we work
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Problem-solving attitude and desire to constantly improve processes
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Self-motivated, with the ability to manage and follow up on multiple tasks simultaneously
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We believe politics shouldn’t happen without you. We bring expert clarity to the changing political environment, enabling our customers to enhance their influence and anticipate risks and opportunities.
We’re a brand with the autonomy to make changes quickly, but with the support of a larger organisation. This enables us to constantly refine our political intelligence and research services and gives our employees the freedom to explore and develop.
DeHavilland is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?