We're looking for a Political Executive to join our team in London as part of our Content function.
DeHavilland’s Political Executives are part of the Content Team, who work together to provide our clients with well-informed, tailored and engaging content about UK and EU politics, as well as driving and maintaining high quality content. This includes writing - ranging from longer-form policy analysis to debate summaries - video and social media, biographies and snappy video explainers of political process.
When applying for this role we encourage you to include a cover letter along with your CV.
- Summarising political events in the UK and EU parliaments
- Producing timely and engaging emails to all clients and responding to their enquiries
- Producing well written summaries of parliamentary business and committee sessions, in line with the house style
- Proof-reading and editing
- Maintaining and improving DeHavilland’s PeoplePoint database of political stakeholders
- Researching and producing analysis of UK and EU politics
- Maintaining data sets and transforming them into content
- Generating fresh content ideas to help drive marketing, service and sales activities
- Using analytics and client feedback to proactively drive customer engagement with content
- Speed, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Demonstrable experience of writing high quality content for a defined audience
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and prioritisation skills task demonstrated by experience thriving in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong communication skills
- A commitment to teamwork
- Analytical and critical thinking skills, with the ability to interpret qualitative and quantitative data
- Positive attitude and professional manner
- Familiarity with Microsoft (Word, Excel) and Google Suite products
- A good general knowledge of and interest in UK and / or EU politics
- Qualified to degree level, preferably in a relevant subject (or with work experience which demonstrates equivalent skills and development)
- Work experience in a political or policy role
- Experience of using social media in a professional context
- Familiarity with Adobe products (eg. InDesign, Photoshop, Rush)
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We believe politics shouldn’t happen without you. We bring expert clarity to the changing political environment, enabling our customers to enhance their influence and anticipate risks and opportunities.
We’re a brand with the autonomy to make changes quickly, but with the support of a larger organisation. This enables us to constantly refine our political intelligence and research services and gives our employees the freedom to explore and develop.
DeHavilland is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?