We're looking for a Portuguese Editor to join our team in Sao Paulo Brazil and become an integral part of our Content function.
- Edit WGSN fashion, lifestyle, consumer insight’s translations from English to Portuguese. Ensure the original concepts are delivered accurately and free from spelling error and incorrect terminology. Content should be localized to flow naturally in Portuguese.
- Use correct terminologies and maintain keywords database to keep them consistent across WGSN’s Portuguese localization content
- Handle in-house localization requests as may be required. Effectively communicate and collaborate with all to ensure smooth execution of localization content onto multimedia platform that include, but not limited to, written reports, videos, and marketing collaterals.
- Deliver high quality localization content by deadlines
- Participate in team meetings remotely, report work progress summary bi-weekly, and stay on top of daily communications
- Engage with account management/client service teams on monthly basis to review feedback for Portuguese content and dicuss feedback for the site. Incorporate Brazilian market insights to localization content.
- Contribute to the localization devfelopment and management of WGSN Portuguese website and content
- Coordinate with freelance Portuguese editors and translators on as needed basis. This includes training and providing directions & answers to their questions; review tests from potential freelancer candidates
- Cover for peer Portuguese editor when he/she is away from the office
- Must be fully bilingual Portuguese-English with exceptional command in reading, translating, and localizing (translation editing) from English to Portuguese and vice versa
- Outstanding English and Portuguese comprehension and communication skills
- Proficient in researching for the most relevant localization terminologies according to the context given
- Produce high-quality localization content under tight deadlines; writing must be concise and grammatically accurate
- Good understanding of the latest fashion, lifestyle, and consumer trends in Brazil
- Passionate about language, fashion and creativity; prior editorial experience handling Portuguese content in fashion or lifestyle strongly preferred
- Adequately prioritize tasks while demonstrating attention to detail and organization skills
- A proactive communicator and critical thinker with good command in time management
- A team player, quick adapter, avid learner, and multi-tasker who is open to changes and challenges. He/She should follow directions well and feel comfortable working independently/remotely with minimal supervision as well as working with a group from different teams
- Comfortable working across regions and time zones. Flexible work hours and some travel as may be required
- Degree in Localization, Journalism, Communication, or Fashion from a university/college from an university where is taught in Portuguese strongly preferred
- Usage proficiency in Apple computer and Google tools
- Basic understanding of market research and Google Analytics desired
We offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company.
WGSN is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?