We're looking for a Pricing & Strategy Analyst to join our team in London. As Pricing Analyst within Ascential’s central Strategy, Pricing, Transformation and M&A team, you will be responsible for delivering the analytics to support key strategic recommendations. While the focus of the role will be on the analysis behind recommendations to increase or restructure the pricing of specific products and services across our brands, you will also have the opportunity to support the wider Strategy and M&A teams with your analytical skills. We are looking for a team player with exceptional analytical skills who wishes to develop broader expertise in a central Strategy / Pricing role.
- Own the analytics to support key strategic recommendations. These will normally be focused on:
- Pricing & Proposition projects: Review of current price points paid by customers, segmentation of customer cohorts into similar segments, scenario modelling for revenue impact of new recommendations, including downside risk of increased churn.
- Providing analytical support on strategy projects, both pricing/proposition focused and beyond.
- Providing commercial due diligence to support prospective acquisitions.
- Developing and testing business plans for major new product launches.
- Conduct and interpret customer research (both qualitative and quantitative).
- Build relationships with key stakeholders in the business (normally Sales and Finance) to ensure that analysis is understood and there is buy in from the business on methodology and output.
- Support recommendation formulation through synthesizing complex analytics into simple and easy to understand PowerPoint summaries.
- Build a good understanding of internal CRM and financial systems to enable data extraction and analysis.
- Manage your workload in a fast-paced environment, often with multiple, conflicting priorities.
- Previous strategy consulting experience (Bain, BCG, McKinsey, OC&C, Simon Kucher & Partners, PwC, Deloitte...) or equivalent level within a corporate environment
- Strong degree from top university with evidence of quantitative understanding / methods
- High degree of numeracy with advanced excel modelling skills, data manipulation and analysis
- Advanced presentation skills, particularly with use of PowerPoint
- Highly commercial mindset
- Strong people and relationship skills
- Self-starter, personable and outgoing individual
- Experience working on pricing or proposition projects
- Experience in working with CRM systems, such as Salesforce
- Experience in Digital / Data or subscription businesses
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?