We're looking for a strong Researcher to join our team in Singapore and become an integral part of our Content function.
We are looking for a curious, intelligent and forward-thinking individual to provide world-class trend research for our global content team. Ensuring delivery of the highest quality research across different subjects and acting as a support to senior colleagues, the candidate should constantly be striving to deliver high quality, insightful analysis.
The Content Researcher will contribute to the development of our content and be responsible for delivering core research to our global teams. They will possess a keen interest in culture, consumer behaviour, social media and technological adoption, data analytics, design or creative and have excellent analytical skills and good verbal and writing ability.
- Responsible for conducting primary and secondary qualitative research related to defined subjects as directed
- Identifying key themes from the research to form clear & actionable analysis
- Using established frameworks and tools to conduct analysis and build trend forecasts e.g. websites, social media accounts, publications, newsletters, podcasts, TV, film, academic papers and available stats and data
- Responsible for engaging with the WGSN Talent Map and the WGSN Regional Research Ambassadors to ensure that our databases are globally representative
- Leveraging external research sources, they will be responsible for making recommendations that contribute towards answering client needs
- Supporting and collaborating with senior colleagues, they will be responsible for working to specific content briefs. They will deliver impactful, high-quality insights, presentations and visual materials to be included in content formats as required. This could be written visual reports, presentations, data analysis or video
- Acting as a support to their senior colleagues they should be commercially aware and strive to work within given time frames and meet all deadlines
- Collaborating & supporting the wider WGSN team including sales marketing and Mindset advisory teams where appropriate
- Ensuring creative & strategic standards of all outputs are in line with the wider content standards of delivery and all editorial guidelines are followed
- Strategic mindset with excellent research, analytical skills and writing ability
- Experience in qualitative research methodologies & frameworks and familiar with research within the consumer, cultural, marketing, product development, retail or communications industries
- Able to navigate across cultures. English and other spoken language English writing skills
- Able to demonstrate time management, prioritisation and multi-tasking skills
- Both creative & commercial, they should be excellent in all forms of collaboration & communication including presentation & writing skills
- Curious and flexible, this role will constantly strive for excellence and push to exceed client expectations and industry standards
- Familiar with general computer use including Google suite, Microsoft and social media platforms
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- Annual leave
- Private medical insurance
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company.
WGSN is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?