We're looking for a Retail Data Analyst to join our team in London as part of our Consultancy function.
The role of the Retail Data Analyst/Researcher is to analyse our retailer harvest data and identify trends, changes and issues with the retailer activity. This will inform both our Insights and Advisory teams in order to be able to tailor our recommendations based on retailer specific activity and to understand the information needs for both tactical and strategic projects.
You will be asked to develop deep knowledge of top retailers and support actionable insights for our clients. You will be responsible for ensuring the data integrity and accuracy to ensure that the insights we deliver provides our client the most value from our data.
Research & Analysis
- Analysis of data harvested from online stores
- Analyse markets, the industry (i.e. digital retail) and strategies, identifying best practices; conduct qualitative research and data analysis to support advisory programs
- Understand the nuances of the retailers in the region
- Builds presentations, best practice case studies and other support materials to assist in client engagements
Delivers Actionable Insight
- On future retail strategies, and implications tied to client's core business objectives, roles, responsibilities, structure and measurements, and identifies potential growth opportunities and necessary capabilities for growth
- Perform research to bring colour to the insights being provided by the data
- Inform the Insights team proactively of any changes or perceived trends in the data to enrich the client experience when they are providing actionable insights to our clients
- To internal teams virtually (through webinars & videoconferences) and in-person (e.g. speeches, workshops and company-led events)
- Use attention to detail to spot errors in the data and take appropriate measures to communicate them
- Providing reports on retailer data and problem solving
- Direct interaction with functions of the business (Insights, Advisory, Client Solutions)
- Dedication to QUALITY, attention to detail, persistence and ability to follow through
- Intellectual curiosity with a proven ability to connect disparate data points
- Passion, a strong desire to achieve and exceed goals
- Excellent problem solving and data analytics skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, having the ability to manage own work with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to learn required skills quickly
- Ability to work independently as needed
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Experience with database tools a plus
- Logical thinker with some experience of business intelligence and/or structured decision-making.
- Proven Excel and data analytics experience is encouraged
- Ideally at least 1-2 years of experience working within a busy office environment
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
Edge by Ascential™ delivers some of the industry’s most accurate and actionable sales-driving data, insights and advisory solutions for global brands and retailers looking to win in today’s ecommerce-driven world.
Formerly Brand View, Clavis Insight, One Click Retail and PlanetRetail RNG, Edge by Ascential was launched in October of 2018, bringing four brands under one roof. Our market leading products are a product of our people and we are always in the market for top talent.
If you are interested in progressing your career, this position represents a great opportunity to join our team at an exciting stage in its development and expansion. Edge is headquartered in London, with offices in the USA, UK, China, Germany and France. Find out more at www.ascentialedge.com
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?