We're looking for a strong Sales Account Manager to join our team in New York and become an integral part of our Sales function.
WGSN, the World’s leading trend forecaster, has an exciting new opportunity in their New York office. With trend and information hubs in New York, Hong Kong, São Paulo and London we have 16 offices around the world and employ approximately 500 people. We work with over 6,000 customers including every Retailer on the Fortune 500 and key brands across Europe, Asia, Latin America, and North America.
- Manage contract renewals, identify business opportunities, build key prospect relationships, negotiate and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions
- Identify and close new opportunities from assigned book of accounts - drive all aspects and stages of the sale including; qualifying the viability of potential sales, delivering winning presentations, contract negotiations, legal and procurement discussions and managing the sales process through to its close
- Meet/exceed monthly KPI's quotas on a consistent basis;
- Research prospects to get an understanding of their business needs and how WGSN will address their objectives and deliver value
- Manage to a 12-16 week sales cycle and follow a systematic approach to identify future opportunities, set expectations and plan for future resource needs
- Manage a high volume book of growth accounts to ensure the customer is delighted with the WGSN service (and successfully executing the renewal of the client contracts); maintain renewal rates
- Deliver in-person presentations and assist in telling our story and pitching the WGSN value as it relates to each prospect in all industry markets including; fashion, CPG, technology, hospitality, branding, and automotive sectors
- Strong sales and account management experience
- Experience within a KPI / target driven environment
- Demonstrated experience developing relationships with executives within Fortune 500 organizations in an Outside Sales B2B capacity in the US market and renewing a book of business
- A demonstrable track record of sales success (preferably selling subscription based-products)
- Proven ability to quickly gain entry to key pursuit accounts and articulate a proven value/ROI based sale
- Understanding of how to communicate a service offering through proposals, presentations, phone calls and case study development - excellent presentation and negotiation skills are a must
- Salesforce based CRM experience a plus.
- Ability to manage Salesforce.com database, opportunity pipeline and lead cultivation, including holistic overview of all outstanding communications and prospect relationships
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 15 days of holiday per year and an extra day for each year of service up to 20 days
- 401K – Saving Incentive plan
- Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vision benefits
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Life Assurance and Disability insurance
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, maritual status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company.
WGSN is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?