We're looking for an Sales Executive to join our Events team in London and become an integral part of our Sales Team.
- Acquiring an extensive comprehension of market trends and developments in the UK retailing sector; as well as understanding the competitor landscape
- Exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets- ensuring maximum possible delivery against sales targets through the retention of customers and the generation of new business in your patch.
- Developing a strong pipeline of business providing three times cover of the monthly sales target.
- Work cross functionally with other departments and stakeholders to drive revenue
- Develop exceptional relationships with clients by understanding their needs
- Working closely with the marketing team to identify and pursue new business opportunities
- Providing client feedback to the editorial and product development teams to help shape our product offering and overall event strategy
- Exceeding the Retail Week sales standards around behaviors and productivity, including call times. As well as regularly maintaining accurate records of sales process activity in SalesForce and reporting as required.
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Previous experience in sales / business development client facing role
- Proven and successful track record of a consultative new business approach
- Retail, recruitment or technology experience preferred, but not essential
- Events experience desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational, written and oral communication skills and the ability and confidence to identify and win new business
- Experience CRM user (preferably SalesForce)
- Must be familiar with general programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we're passionate about - unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability - whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year - with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?