We’re Retail Week.
Retail Week is the leading authority on retailing in the UK, providing industry news, insightful analysis, comment and key data. We cover the entire UK retail sector, including, food, fashion, home and DIY, entertainment and general merchandise as well as e-tail, multi-channel, store interiors, finance, technology and property.
About the role
The primary function of the Account Manager role is to generate revenue for the Retail Week portfolio of conferences, awards as well as bespoke solutions through our award-winning content marketing agency, Connect.
- Retail Week connect: https://retail-week-connect.com/
- Retail Week Live: https://live.retail-week.com/
- Retail Week Awards: https://awards.retail-week.com/
- Tech. : https://tech.retail-week.com/
The role is a split between developing and growing retained accounts (40%) as well as identifying, qualifying and winning new business (60%) from new and exciting companies looking to work with retailers. You will predominantly focus on identifying and driving tier 1 & 2 Technology clients.
- To deliver / exceed monthly, quarterly and annual target revenues.
- Manage the sales cycle effectively – sourcing leads, developing new opportunities, achieving activity KPI’s, managing pipeline, closing the deal.
- Prepare sales plans and present plan to senior management team.
- Report on weekly performance against targets.
- To make the agreed number of visits and ensure regular contact with key clients in order to grow revenue and market share.
- Effectively present and position the Retail Week’s portfolio over the phone and in face to face meetings.
- Networking with industry professionals & stakeholders
- Communicating with managers, stakeholders & customers
- Utilizing Salesforce and LinkedIn to identify, follow up leads and set up meetings
- Become a retail expert. Have the knowledge and understanding of the key challenges retailers are facing to be able to provide effective marketing solutions to clients.
- Develop a genuine knowledge of your client’s business and become a trusted advisor
The ideal candidate is someone who builds fantastic relationships with clients, develops and wins business through brilliant story-telling and provides clients with creative, intelligent solutions.
What we offer
We offer our employees a great package of perks, including:
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
More information provided on:
Retail Week is a part of the Ascential group.
Each of our products and brands has its own unique heritage and voice, but all align to one common goal: to enable an eco-system that better informs and connects the business world.
Here at Ascential, we have a deep knowledge of our customers, their businesses and industries. Our aim is for our products – increasingly offered both face to face and online - to offer content and connections that professionals rely on for growth and value creation.
Operating from 14 offices around the world, Ascential serves customers in more than 150 countries, providing local and global knowledge, connections and access.
Check out our incredible portfolio:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?