We're looking for a Senior Business System Analyst to join our team in London.
This is a crucial role within the group data and insight team to work with the business stakeholders across multiple brands to gather requirements (mostly related to KPIs, reporting and predictive analytics). The candidate will need to be technically strong to trace through the systems to understand what data is required to fulfil the requirements.
- Be the person to bridge the gap between the business users and the data and insight teams
- Build working solutions based on the requirements captured
- Documenting business definitions and importantly how they link back to business processes and business KPIs
- Starting with the business question you will need to collate and document well defined business requirements for solutions required by the business
- Responsible for producing relevant technical documentation
- Drive collaborations and discussions among cross-functional teams for effective solution-building or issue-resolution
- Create detailed solution requirements, working closely with all relevant teams, managing implementation and user acceptance testing, provide post-launch support, and adhere to key business metrics post-delivery
- Accountable for ensuring the solution meets the needs of the business
- Drive user engagement to ensure the solution is actively used by the business users
- Proven commercial experience in requirement gathering processes, business process modelling, data models, defining use cases
- Documenting clear business requirements and translating into unambiguous tech specs
- Comfortable working with technical teams
- Used to working across multiple stakeholders in matrix reporting structures
- Happy to work across locations
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- Managing end to end solution delivery including rollout of the solutions
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong Influencing skills; interacting with senior stakeholders; highly personable
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities and attention to detail
- Good understanding of Data, BI, Insights and data products
- Ability to query data warehouse using SQL
- Work effectively as an individual and in a team
- Strong degree from a top university
- Must be self-motivated and detail-oriented
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?