We're looking for a strong Senior Data Analyst (Beauty, Lifestyle, Food & Drink) to join our team in London (based in the UK or US) and become an integral part of our Content function. This position is also open for applicants based in New York and depending on experience, the rest of North America also.
The successful candidate is a strategic, intelligent and commercial individual to provide world class data analysis for both our content and advisory service about trends across Lifestyle, Food & Drink and Beauty industries. The Senior Data Analyst must demonstrate an understanding in these industries, consumer insight and data analysis which they can combine to enhance and underpin the work that the Content and Mindset team delivers across regions. The successful candidate will work with our Content and advisory teams to analyse data and aid in the generation of breakthrough insight for our clients.
- Provide world class, high-quality and accurate analysis for WGSN‘s content and consulting work, based on an understanding of one or more of the following categories that WGSN covers:
- Beauty industry, Food & Drink, Lifestyle & Interiors trends
- Consumer insights, key trends and drivers
- Provide clients with insight on future strategies and growth opportunities
- Experience coaching more junior analysts
- Conduct primary and secondary research across a variety of quant data sets and deliver analysis that provides actionable recommendations that will benefit the client's future business
- Tackle the challenge of extracting business intelligence from large data sets. Ability to see beyond the numbers
- Proactively suggest ways to visualise complex data sets, generating charts/tables that give insightful views of key business issues and opportunities
- Able to collaborate with the Mindset team in region and across territories to ensure consistency of data analysis across the company
- Is a strong participant and contributor to the creation, sharing and learning culture to provide inspiration and relevant information for the benefit of the global Editorial team’s deliverables
- Responsibility for projects being delivered on brief, in a relevant, insightful and commercially successful manner with data integrity at the core
- Ideally 3 years of experience in a data analyst role
- A bachelor’s degree or higher with a significant quantitative component (e.g. mathematics, computer science, physics, economics)
- Experience working as an analyst using business intelligence tools including SQL (Snowflake, or similar), Tableau (or similar). Knowledge of Python or R will be a plus.
- Experience in retail/merchandising/buying/e-commerce is a strong advantage, as well as data analysis/insights role
- Ability to analyse large amounts of data and pinpoint trends that will impact the market
- An analytical mind, with the ability to distinguish between what is important and what is not, making the complex simple
- Strong communication and organisational skills with ability to tackle work within a global team
- Curious, flexible and a strategic thinker with gravitas that can inspire their clients, peers and more junior colleagues
- Analytic Experience in:
- Statistical modelling / forecasting (AB Testing, DOE, Regression, etc.)
- Forecasting (ARIMA, ETS, etc.)
- Data mining (Bayes, CART, Random Forest, SVM, Neural Nets, Clustering, etc.)
- Operations Research (Simulation, Linear / Dynamic Programming, etc.)
- Technical Experience with:
- Databases (one or multiple): Snowflake, Big Query
- Languages (one or multiple): SQL, Python, R
- Analytic software (one or multiple): Jupyter, Zeppelin, Qubole, Alteryx, KNIME, RapidMiner, Orange, etc.
- Visualization (one or multiple): Tableau, LOOKER
- Familiar with general computer use including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and/or Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Gmail
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company.
WGSN is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?