We're looking for a Senior Designer to join our team in London as part of our Content function.
The Senior Designer role is part of the WARC content team, with a brief to drive high design standards in our editorial and advisory output from our global team. This will include decks that blend data and narrative, and high-impact content reports produced in a number of formats, plus supporting collateral.
In addition, 40% of the workload will be working on Cannes Lions, in particular on Advisory decks and supporting collateral.
The Senior Designer will also partner with Ascential’s Creative Studio, a global team that works on creative projects from brief to delivery for all regions. The Senior Designer displays leadership and confidence working within an international organisation and supporting teams across multiple continents. This role involves close collaboration with senior members of the WARC content and advisory teams, and the Cannes Lions advisory team.
The role includes management of a freelance budget, allowing the Senior Designer to bring in additional help when required, and managing them to their own high standards.
Working closely with teams at WARC and Lions you will be responsible for:
- Driving design and production execution
- Embedding branding and ensuring quality outputs
- Collaborating with editorial, video, advisory, and central design team
- Owning the end to end delivery of projects
- Owning project briefs from start to completion. Designing and testing work to make sure each project brief is completed in full, on time, and in line with company/brand standards.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant business partners to produce assets. Will follow-up with questions, updates, and edits as needed
- Liaise with the central Marketing Design Studio on brand design applications and innovations as needed
- Stay up-to-date on design best practices and innovation
- Can work independently to lead a creative project
- Managing creative projects while continually sharing progress with stakeholders
- Partner with the central Marketing Design Studio Designers and Art Director on ‘hero’ projects
- Designs digital and print materials for a variety of projects primarily including editorial content reports (digital and print), infographics and data visualization, and presentation decks (templates and custom)
- Communicates and collaborates well with business partners (including WARC Content, WARC Advisory, Lions Advisory) to thoroughly complete projects on time
- Excellent organizational skills required; must be able to handle multiple projects and produce a high volume of quality work within tight deadlines
- Able to manage content design workflow. This may include briefs, project tracking etc.
- Must be self-motivated to own creative projects but still be a team player, comfortable with following directions, and receiving feedback as required
- Stays up to date on upcoming trends, advancements, and technologies in the design field
- Must have strong skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator etc.)
- Must be skilled and comfortable in Google Slides and PowerPoint to develop templates and custom decks including charts, infographics
- Knowledge of basic gif animation and experience partnering with video specialists a plus
- Experience with digital publication or interactive layouts a plus
- Skilled in typography, color, print, and editorial layout required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, visual communications, or related fields required
- Ideally at least 5 years of experience as a Graphic Designer. Relevant experience working in a team-based environment is ideal
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
About Cannes Lions
We’ve been championing creativity since 1954. Today, we’re the world’s biggest festival for the creative and marketing communications, entertainment, design and tech industries.
Join us, and you’ll be joining an events company with a strong purpose – we believe in our product, and that creativity can save the world. We have a truly global outlook, allowing you to speak to some of the world’s most fast-moving and exciting businesses
We work with the global advertising industry to make smarter, more effective marketing. We’re the global authority on advertising and media effectiveness, offering unbiased advice on almost any advertising and marketing issue.
We’re a brand full of smart people who are genuinely interested in the world’s most effective advertising, as well as the agencies and clients who make it. We’re proud of the reputation WARC has in the industry, striving to be excellent at everything we do.
Cannes Lions and WARC is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?