We're looking for a Senior Developer to join our team in Bournemouth as part of our Technology function.
The role of Senior Developer within Glenigan is essential to the correct rollout of our core Glenigan product. The entire Glenigan business is built around the Glenigan product. The Senior Developer will work to implement software that meets the objectives of our clients. They will oversee a number of other developers within our overseas development team. They will be responsible for ensuring the technical implementation of the software and ensuring all software is fit for purpose.
- Overseeing a number of junior/mid developers
- Working with project management / testing teams to ensure timely/accurate delivery of software
- Reviewing other developers’ code to ensure code quality
- Implementing software using Python/React.js/ElasticSearch
- Implementation of AWS apps including use of Cognito/Glue/Lambda
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Ideally 10+ years’ experience of software development
- Experience of developing on Web, API and Mobile applications
- Experience developing in Python
- Experience developing in React.js
- Experience working with Postgres databases
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience of cloud-based environments and tools (preferably AWS)
- Experience of .Net applications to support legacy code
- Experience working with AWS tools like Cognito/Glue/Lambda.
Essential Soft skills:
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple streams of work
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Continuously looking to improve the quality of code
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We deliver the most accurate and comprehensive construction sales leads in the UK. We combine this with business analysis and forecasting, enabling businesses to make sales, win contracts and plan for future growth.
Joining us means joining an ambitious and determined team with a proven track record of year on year double digit growth, where innovative thinking is encouraged, and results are generously rewarded.
Based near the beach, we have a local business feel, but we’re part of a global plc too, providing opportunities to leverage multiple brands’ experience and expertise to help you achieve your goals.
Glenigan is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?