We're looking for a Senior Ecommerce Consultant to join our team in Shanghai to focus on APAC market. This role will work in the Edge by Ascential team and report to the Customer Success Director based in Shanghai. This blend will give you the ability to leverage group expertise while building relationships and business understanding to have a significant impact.
Ideally you will have a combination of experience in consulting and expertise in the e-commerce industry. Having experience with FMCG industry is an additional advantage. You should be able to demonstrate exceptional impact from the insight you were able to deliver. If you have no industry experience then you will need to demonstrate that you are a specialist within data mining and insight consulting.
With the full English working environment, the excellent written and verbal English is a must.
- Project Management - for new customer, play a PM role for project deployment, including scope confirmation, timeline control, customer communication, internal cross-functional communication
- Customer enablement – Clavis Saas Product customer training and workshop, daily communication on the data, usage, definition or any other client questions.
- Pre-sales support - supporting Sales in pre-sales period, including Clavis SaaS product demo, value explanation
- Advanced analysis to support key business decisions, including competitor analysis, business performance analysis, regression modelling and correlation analysis etc.
- Promoting the use of insight & research for business decision making, and continually monitoring changes in customer needs and how the business should react
- Engage with the clients, not only the SPOC, but the other stakeholder BUs. Understand the clients’ internal ways of working and embed the Clavis system into the client’s internal system
- Product support - gathering customer feedback on Clavis SaaS product and new requirements, and communicate with internal Product Management team with these feedback and new requirements
- Utilizing the knowledge of the key e-commerce platform to improve and optimize the Clavis analytical framework
- People coaching and leadership
- Opportunity to make open speech in Summit/Forum and other public exposure
- At least 7 years of experience in corporate insight/research functions or consulting background
- 2-3 year of experience in the e-commerce industry, or in the e-commerce BU
- Working experience/ serving experience with FMCG manufacture will be an advantage
- Examples of gaining insight from quantitative (e.g. customer/market/financial) data, which you used to have a significant impact on a business
- Basic analytical techniques (e.g. correlation, cluster analysis) to support key decisions (coding skills not necessary); able to use insights creatively
- Understanding of varied research methodologies and data-sources (internal systems, Salesforce, Google Analytics, external sources) and processes; able to access and combine the varied sources for reporting and analysis necessary to business needs
- Familiar with different types of analysis, market sizing, competitive analysis etc and utilised them to understand business needs and track performance
- Understanding of analytics software and data structures preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities in English and Chinese (Mandarin) is a must; Native English speaker preferred
- Solid project management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Fluent in Japanese or Korean is a plus
Our Application Process
This link will redirect you to our careers page which will ask you to create an account to upload your CV; application time is a 1-3 minutes simple process.
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- Annual leave
- Private medical insurance
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
About Edge by Ascential™
Edge by Ascential™ delivers some of the industry’s most accurate and actionable salesdriving data, insights and advisory solutions for global brands and retailers looking to win in today’s ecommerce-driven world.
Formerly Brand View, Clavis Insight, One Click Retail and PlanetRetail RNG, Edge by Ascential was launched in October of 2018, bringing four brands under one roof. Our market leading products are a product of our people and we are always in the market for top talent.
If you are interested in progressing your career, this position represents a great opportunity to join our team at an exciting stage in its development and expansion. Edge is headquartered in London, with offices in the USA, UK, China, Germany and France. Find out more at www.ascentialedge.com.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?