We're looking for a Senior Editor - Footwear & Accessories to join our team in London on a 12 month fixed term contract. You’ll be from either a Design, Trend Concept or Buying background and are customer facing, a strategic thinker and an exemplary leader.
- The Senior Editor is customer-facing to understand the needs of the industry
- Responsible for trends research and analysis in the creation and publication of Footwear & Accessories content across men’s, women’s and kids segments
- Deliver concise written trend analysis reports showing a clear understanding of the subscribers’ needs
- Responsible for the main ‘peer review’ of content created for their relevant segments, as directed by Commissioning Managers and Fashion Directors
- Responsible for the content strategy of Footwear & Accessories across the men’s, women’s and kids categories
- Deliver traffic growth by consistently evaluating internal data and client feedback to improve content standards and relevance
- Deliver consultancy projects as and when required with Mindset Advisory teams.
- Travel globally for industry events
- Line management of a team with
- responsibility for mid-year and end-of-year reviews, setting of objectives and personal development plans
- Develop the quality of the team members’ content, via regular feedback and 1-to-1’s
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of the Footwear & Accessories industry across design and buying
- Seen to be or known to be a thought leader within the Footwear & Accessories industry with a list of industry contacts.
- Exceptional knowledge of the global market from premium to commercial trends across fashion and lifestyle product areas, and the ability to pin-point Footwear & Accessories trends that will impact the women’s and men’s categories including footwear and accessories.
- Expert level of experience in writing, editing and reporting through an extensive career path within design, buying or content creation.
- An expert understanding of the role data and analytics plays in commercial success, able to analyse data and pinpoint trends that will impact the market.
- Proven quality of research and personal output
- A proven ability to sketch and CAD, with good Adobe illustrator skills preferable
- Feedback customer information to Heads of Departments and Directors
- A real desire to build on WGSN’s reputation and success
- To challenge how we can improve what we do today
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
We offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company
WGSN is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us