We're looking for a strong Senior Manager of Consumer Data Insight to join our team in New York and become an integral part of our Consultancy function.
We are looking for a strategic, intelligent and commercial individual to head consumer data insights for WGSN. The Senior Manager of Consumer Data Insight must demonstrate an understanding of consumer insight and data analysis across key categories such as fashion, beauty, lifestyle & interior, and/or food & drink. They will be responsible for partnering with our Advisory teams to deliver best in class analysis, breakthrough insights for our clients, and partner on the development of new products and services. In addition, they will manage all relationships with marketing research, consumer panel, and survey vendors. Lastly, they will work closely with our consumer insights Content team focused on better forecasting emerging consumer trends in all regions.
- Provide high quality and accurate consumer data analysis for WGSN‘s content and advisory work, based on an understanding of one or more of the following categories that WGSN covers:
- Consumer insights, key trends and drivers
- Global fashion market, the operations of its key players, the trading calendar and fashion trends
- Beauty industry, Food & Drink, Lifestyle & Interiors trends
- Develop, manage, and execute primary and secondary quantitative consumer & market research. Utilize a variety of quantitative tools and platforms to collect data. Draw out insights from open ended feedback collected from written or verbal formats. Provide concise and actionable analysis and recommendations that will benefit the client’s future business
- Use data strategically, asking the right questions, using sophisticated ways to interrogate the data that will uncover high value insights, future strategies, and growth opportunities
- Proactively suggest ways to visualise complex data sets, generating charts/tables that give insightful views of key business issues and opportunities
- Understand and be familiar with the relationship between quantitative and qualitative research, working as part of a team to ensure reports are produced to a high standard, within allotted deadlines, with data integrity at the core
- Manage relationships with marketing research, consumer panel, and survey vendors to ensure they cost-effectively meet the needs of the organization
- Able to collaborate with the Advisory and consumer insight content teams in region and across territories to ensure consistency of data analysis across the company. Work closely educating the team on methods of analysing this data and bring best practices to improve the quality of insights we are delivering
- Is a strong participant and contributor to the creation, sharing and learning culture to provide inspiration and relevant information for the benefit of the global Consultancy and Editorial team’s deliverables
- Responsibility for projects being delivered on brief, in a relevant, insightful and commercially successful manner with data integrity at the core
- 5 years of experience in consumer market research, consumer insights, research and analysis, strategy, and data analysis
- 5 years of experience with conducting primary research - design, implement, and analyze quantitative research
- Experience working with and managing relationships with consumer panel and survey vendors
- Experience managing analysts on a consumer insight team is a strong advantage
- Experience in fashion, beauty, lifestyle & interior, and food & drink retail/merchandising/buying/e-commerce is a strong advantage
- An analytical mind, with the ability to distinguish between what is important and what is not, making the complex simple
- Strong communication and organisational skills with ability to tackle work within a global team
- Curious, flexible and a strategic thinker with gravitas that can inspire their clients, peers and more junior colleagues
- Analytic Experience in:
- Statistical modelling / forecasting (AB Testing, DOE, Regression, etc.)
- Forecasting (ARIMA, ETS, etc.)
- Data Mining (Bayes, CART, Clustering, etc.)
- Technical Experience with:
- Databases (one or multiple): Snowflake, Big Query, Redshift, SQL, Access, Oracle, Hadoop, etc.
- Languages (one or multiple): SQL, Python, R, Java, Octave, etc.
- Visualization (one or multiple): Tableau, Spotfire, Qlik, DB3/JS, Looker, Power BI
- Familiar with general computer use including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and/or Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Gmail
- Proven ability to build strong working relationship with Global Sales, Client Services and Marketing to help facilitate sales and engagement
- Possess excellent market knowledge and awareness of customer needs
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 15 days of holiday per year and an extra day for each year of service up to 20 days
- 401K – Saving Incentive plan
- Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vision benefits
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Life Assurance and Disability insurance
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company.
WGSN is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?