We're looking for a Senior Social Media Editor to join our team in London as part of our Marketing function.
The Senior Social Media Editor role will play a key role in repositioning this nearly 70-year-old brand by creating social media strategies and content that drive engagement and demand for all LIONS’ products and programmes. Brand affinity, audience engagement as well as demand generation will be high up in your daily agenda.
You will have the opportunity to define a complete, new era for LIONS on social. Our ambition is to create the most engaged and diverse creative community online; you’ll have the chance to collaborate and facilitate debates with the very members of this community every day. You’ll get to work with the world’s best at creating memorable and history-making ads either for Instagram takeovers, LinkedIn Lives or video series.
- Gain a strong understanding of our community, the needs and interests of its members, and what makes them tick. You’ll literally immerse yourself in the community, you’ll be on top of conversations as they happen, you’ll spot emerging voices and talent
- Be on top of the latest social media trends and best practices and quickly adapt social media strategies and tactics based on them, when relevant
- Create social media strategies and produce social video content agreeing messaging and tone of voice with the Head of Brand & Content; work closely with in-house Design Team to produce compelling design assets (graphics, infographics) to support campaigns
- Convey narratives - with storytelling at heart - into social-first video content with the aim of maximizing audience engagement. There’s space for experimentation and innovation: you’ll be able to do your best work so far
- Work closely with the Head of Brand & Content and Head of PR to create a social media calendar in line with the marketing calendar as well as business priorities
- Be proactive about bringing new, innovative ideas to the table on how to grow reach and engagement with our social audiences
- Partner with the Head of PR to create campaigns that integrate social and PR
- Very good video production and editing skills. You are experienced at conveying narratives into video formats
- Creativity and storytelling: you are an unlimited source of creative, original ideas to create social content that people want to spend time with and talk to others about
- Exceptional copywriting skills. Your copy has stopping power, makes people think and dream
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving abilities
- A proactive self-starter, who does not need to be told what to do, you will be resourceful in order to find solutions to any challenge
- Passionate and curious about all aspects of the business - especially when bridging the gap between our content and our brand - and have an entrepreneurial mindset
- The ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- The ability to work well with a diverse team and build relationships across the business
- Degree in Communications/Marketing/Media/Arts related field or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree preferable
- Proven experience in proactively leading on the creation of award-winning social campaigns and video content or campaigns / video content that have driven exceptional audience engagement. Can you say that you’ve grown a true fan base?
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
About Cannes Lions
We’ve been championing creativity since 1954. Today, we’re the world’s biggest festival for the creative and marketing communications, entertainment, design and tech industries.
Join us, and you’ll be joining an events company with a strong purpose – we believe in our product, and that creativity can save the world. We have a truly global outlook, allowing you to speak to some of the world’s most fast moving and exciting businesses
Cannes Lions is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?