We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Dublin and become an integral part of our software development function. We are looking for an experienced software development professional to join our Engineering team. As an ideal candidate, you should be highly passionate about technology, eager to learn and use innovative methods to solve problems. You will be working with a talented team and a highly dynamic environment to develop product features and innovative technical solutions to meet customer needs. With Java/Ruby/JS as your main programming language, you should be a full-stack engineer and be able to build solutions or prototypes rapidly.
- Collaborate with your team members to design and implement features.
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Write unit tests
- Write and verify code which adheres to the acceptance criteria
- Debug existing source code and polish feature sets.
- Contribute to technical design documentation.
- Participate in code reviews
- Participate and lead Agile meetings (Daily Stand-ups, Backlog Grooming, Estimates, Retrospectives etc)
- Act as a Senior team member to mentor and assist junior engineers
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver.
- A solid track record of working at a Senior level within a development team
- Production level experience with big data technologies such as HBase, HDFS, Hive, Spark etc.
- Production level experience with Amazon AWS services such as EC2, SQS, EMR, Lambda, CloudWatch
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL, MySQL or other RDBMS
- Extensive experience in commercial software development
- Experience with Agile processes and SCRUM in particular
- Experience in dealing with large volumes of data (1TB+ per day)
- Experience in API lifecycle management
- Solid knowledge in the software development process and life-cycle
- Experience in both front-end and back-end development
- Experience in common development methodologies and tools such as Continuous Integration, Git etc
- Solid knowledge in building clean, robust, extensible, and maintainable software
- Degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent
What we offer
- 25 days annual leave
- Health Insurance- Laya Secure Plus
- Tax Saver Travel Tickets
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Pension (on passing probation)
Edge by Ascential™ delivers some of the industry’s most accurate and actionable sales-driving data, insights and advisory solutions for global brands and retailers looking to win in today’s ecommerce-driven world.
Formerly Brand View, Clavis Insight, One Click Retail and PlanetRetail RNG, Edge by Ascential was launched in October of 2018, bringing four brands under one roof. Our market leading products are a product of our people and we are always in the market for top talent.
If you are interested in progressing your career, this position represents a great opportunity to join our team at an exciting stage in its development and expansion. Edge is headquartered in London, with offices in the USA, UK, China, Germany and France. Find out more at www.ascentialedge.com
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?