We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Salt Lake City as part of our Technology function.
You’ll be working within a small team to develop features of an ecommerce analytics platform, handling large amounts of data for big clients. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will also be in responsible for mentoring less experienced members of the team, as well as reviewing code changes and ensuring the quality and reliability of the code, tests and documentation that the team is producing.
- Develop and implement new software solutions
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
- Clearly and regularly communicate with colleagues about progress or blockers
- Write APIs for internal tools and customer-facing products
- Write clear and concise software documentation
- Test software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
- Help mentor and review software tasks from other members of the team
- 4-5 years of experience in at least one scripting language, ideally Python or PHP, with exposure to others
- The ability to work in a distributed team
- A healthy understanding of development environments and pipelines, and how they relate to one another to develop software
- Experience working in SCRUM environments
- Capability in handling large amounts of data and writing highly available systems
- Knowledge of AWS, Kubernetes and Helm
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 15 days of holiday per year and an extra day for each year of service up to 20 days
- 401K – Saving Incentive plan
- Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vision benefits
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Life Assurance and Disability insurance
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
Edge by Ascential™ delivers some of the industry’s most accurate and actionable sales-driving data, insights and advisory solutions for global brands and retailers looking to win in today’s ecommerce-driven world.
Formerly Brand View, Clavis Insight, One Click Retail and PlanetRetail RNG, Edge by Ascential was launched in October of 2018, bringing four brands under one roof. Our market leading products are a product of our people and we are always in the market for top talent.
If you are interested in progressing your career, this position represents a great opportunity to join our team at an exciting stage in its development and expansion. Edge is headquartered in London, with offices in the USA, UK, China, Germany and France. Find out more at www.ascentialedge.com
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?