We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Dublin as part of our Technology function.
We are looking for an experienced software development professional to join our Engineering team. As an ideal candidate, you should be highly passionate about technology, eager to learn and use innovative methods to solve problems. You will be working with a talented team and a highly dynamic environment to develop product features and innovative technical solutions to meet customer needs. With Java as your main programming language, you should be a full-stack engineer and be able to build solutions or prototypes rapidly.
- Drive system level design/architecture for large initiatives/features
- Plan, develops, coordinate, and direct large and important projects or a number of small projects with complex features
- Take the lead on ambiguous problems/features and drive towards completion
- Good understanding of continuous delivery, writing unit tests and automated testing
- Drive performance optimizations through code profiling
- Deep understanding of data-driven application design and development.
- Research and champion new innovative open-source technologies and frameworks
- Mentor other developers on technical issues and modern web development best practices
- Participate into production outages and customer issues and work with other non-tech team to resolve the issues
- Degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 7-10+ years of experience in commercial software development with Java as your main skill
- Proficient in Java and Spring (Spring Batch, Spring Boot etc)
- Experience in dealing with large volumes of data (1TB+ per day)
- Experience in API development
- Solid knowledge in the software development process and life-cycle
- Experience in both front-end and back-end development
- Experience in common development methodologies and tools such as Continuous Integration, Scrum, Git etc
- Solid knowledge in building clean, robust, extensible, and maintainable software
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL, MySQL, Snowflake or other RDBMS
- Production level experience with Amazon AWS services such as S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda (incl. Serverless framework), Step Functions, S3, SQS, SNS etc
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year
- Health Insurance – Laya Secure Plus
- Tax Saver Travel Tickets
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Pension (On Passing Probation)
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
Edge by Ascential™ delivers some of the industry’s most accurate and actionable sales-driving data, insights and advisory solutions for global brands and retailers looking to win in today’s ecommerce-driven world.
Formerly Brand View, Clavis Insight, One Click Retail and PlanetRetail RNG, Edge by Ascential was launched in October of 2018, bringing four brands under one roof. Our market leading products are a product of our people and we are always in the market for top talent.
If you are interested in progressing your career, this position represents a great opportunity to join our team at an exciting stage in its development and expansion. Edge is headquartered in London, with offices in the USA, UK, China, Germany and France. Find out more at www.ascentialedge.com
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?