You will be involved in the implementation of various projects across the Edge/Brand View platform. The fast paced, evolving nature of the business often requires rapid development and delivery of working, well-structured and tested code to very short timescales.
An excellent developer, you will be used to working on the application layer - creating efficient .NET code to serve up our large data set. You will also be expected to take ownership of projects and help deliver superb functionality against tight timescales, working closely with other developers. You will be a quick learner, and have adaptable development skills that you can apply to the varied projects and tasks you’ll undertake. You will also be heavily involved with the ongoing maintenance and improvement of existing core projects within the application.
- Excellent code development skills in C#, WCF & SQL
- Experience managing other developers
- ASP.NET, WCF Web services and Web API controllers
- Good understanding of how to write high performance, efficient code
- Thorough understanding of Object Oriented Programming using SOLID principles
- A thorough, detailed approach to testing and debugging software – you will always strive to ensure code is robust and reliable.
- Strong communication
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Contributory Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
- A fun, lively office with regular social activities throughout the year
- Fresh fruit, full Nespresso coffee suite, soft drinks, sweet station, and, of course, beer tap
- Secure cycle store and shower facilities
- Award-winning office with amazing views across Reading, fully equipped with kitchen/breakfast bar, pool table, table tennis, DJ booth and gaming station
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
Edge by Ascential™ delivers some of the industry’s most accurate and actionable sales-driving data, insights and advisory solutions for global brands and retailers looking to win in today’s ecommerce-driven world.
Formerly Brand View, Clavis Insight, One Click Retail and PlanetRetail RNG, Edge by Ascential was launched in October of 2018, bringing four brands under one roof. Our market leading products are a product of our people and we are always in the market for top talent.
Our award-winning, much-acclaimed office in Reading might look like a playground, complete with DJ booth, pool table, Xbox and beer tap, but it’s designed to be a fun, inspiring and dynamic place to work. Best of all, it’s brimming with brilliant people.
Our goals have always been the same: Have fun, do exceptional work, build the best product in the business, experiment, pay attention to the details, treat people right, tell the truth, have a positive impact on the world around us, give back, and keep learning.
We’re always on the lookout for ambitious and creative people to join our team. But isn’t everyone? Potential Edge employees need something extra. A quirky edge, a positive attitude and a driving passion to bring something unique to our party. It’s hard to define but you’ll know if you’ve got it. And so will we.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?