We're looking for a strong Senior Strategist in Womenswear to join our team in London and become an integral part of our Content function.
The Womenswear specialist has proven experience to join our content team as a Maternity Leave cover. They’ll be from either a Design, Trend Concept or Buying background, they are customer facing and have a commercial eye to forecast global womenswear trends. With a focus on personal content creation, they are exceptionally articulate in both written and visual communication and will supervise content creation from more junior members of the team.
- Deliver concise written Womenswear trend analysis reports, including catwalks, buying, tradeshows, fashion intelligence and future forecasts, showing a clear understanding of the subscribers’ needs
- Work closely with the Head of Womenswear to execute the content strategy and drive process efficiencies to their area/team of content specialism
- Deliver content direction and supervision, without direct line management for junior members
- Identifying trends in fashion, lifestyle and culture to be applied to their area of expertise, consistently raising their quality of work and the work of others within their team within editorial guidelines
- Develop, with support from the team, powerful creative solutions and embed a close working relationship with global content, content operations, sales, marketing and product development
- Have oversight of content teams in region and across territories to ensure consistency of trend messages across the company
- Regular meetings and phone calls with clients across the globe to better understand their needs and challenges and keep abreast of changes within the industry to anticipate these needs
- Have a high degree of confidence representing WGSN at events, and be able to showcase a visible presence with limited preparation and/or little notice
- Actively contribute to the content for WGSN Trend Days in collaboration with editorial team
- Self-filming and editing videos (including appearing in videos) as required
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of the apparel industry across design, buying, textile innovation and lifestyle drivers
- Exceptional knowledge of the global market from premium to commercial trends across fashion and lifestyle product areas, and the ability to pin-point trends that will impact the womenswear
- Expert level of experience in writing, editing and reporting through an extensive career path within design, buying or content creation
- An expert understanding of the role data and analytics plays in commercial success. Ability to analyse data and pinpoint trends that will impact the market
- Ability to take ownership of personal assignments, prioritise workload and to lead and support to other members of team
- Excellent organisation, communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work within an international team to ensure production standards, reports or outputs are of a consistently high standard and submitted on time
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company.
WGSN is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?