We're looking for a Senior Vice President of Product to join our team in USA (Homebased) as part of our Technology (Engineering) function.
Edge by Ascential is looking for a Vice President of Product, a vital role that will drive the future strategy of Edge’s suite of e-commerce products. Our VP of Product will be responsible for establishing a product vision, the development of product management best practices and ultimately, executing the product roadmap. The role will work closely with a diverse set of internal stakeholders including the Edge Managing Director, Sales, Engineering, Operations experts and the Product Management team that report directly to this person. The right candidate has the ability to uncover customer needs, translate those needs into a set of product features and gain alignment on the delivery with the Engineering organization. The role will require deftly balancing product investments in innovation, efficiency improvements and shared services that provide the underlying technology infrastructure required to scale. Deep knowledge of e-commerce analytics, the ability to understand the perspective of both manufacturers and retailers while keeping an eye on the competitive space are pivotal.
- Drive product mission, strategy, and roadmap
- Lead product management team that prioritizes collaboration and a results-driven culture
- Drive continuous improvement & flexibility in the team, while championing product management best practices
- Product planning and assignment of tasks and deliverables
- Product lifecycle management from concept to go to market launch of the product(s) across all products/product lines
- Lead, define, represent and communicate product strategy to all stakeholders
- Assess and monitor product development sprints and enhancement opportunities
- Develop budgets, forecasts, and metrics
- Own the product roadmap and communicate with C-level staff, customers and other key stakeholders
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing on go to market strategies for each product or product lines
- Define pricing and competitive positioning for each product
- Drive innovative ideas, solutions and products through leadership and decisive action
- Build incredible teams and processes to deliver products that satisfy the needs of customers
- Partner with the executive team to clearly communicate a defined product portfolio vision and strategy in a high-growth environment, and enrol the entire company in delivering it
- 10 + years experience in product management
- 5+ years experience in a senior leadership or executive leadership role on an e-commerce product team
- MBA or technical Masters a plus
- Proven track record of success in developing B2B products with high quality user experience
- Passion for leading, mentoring and scaling product teams to reach their full potential
- Experience defining end-to-end product mission, strategy and roadmap
- Excellent project management skills with a keen ability to assess ideas and requests, prioritize and plan
- Analytical, intellectually curious, excellent problem solver who is comfortable working in ambiguity
- Team player mindset with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 15 days of holiday per year and an extra day for each year of service up to 20 days
- 401K – Saving Incentive plan
- Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vision benefits
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Life Assurance and Disability insurance
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
Edge by Ascential™ delivers some of the industry’s most accurate and actionable sales-driving data, insights and advisory solutions for global brands and retailers looking to win in today’s ecommerce-driven world.
Formerly Brand View, Clavis Insight, One Click Retail and PlanetRetail RNG, Edge by Ascential was launched in October of 2018, bringing four brands under one roof. Our market leading products are a product of our people and we are always in the market for top talent.
If you are interested in progressing your career, this position represents a great opportunity to join our team at an exciting stage in its development and expansion. Edge is headquartered in London, with offices in the USA, UK, China, Germany and France. Find out more at www.ascentialedge.com
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?