This role is part of the Service Delivery team responsible for providing support to all of our business functions.
The role of Service Desk Engineer is Delivering 1st/2nd line software and hardware support as an on-site presence across our US offices and for remote users globally.
- Resolving or fulfilling all incoming interactions from users in person, on the phone and via e-mail in a 70/30 Windows/Mac OS based environment
- Ensuring all interactions with users are logged and managed throughout the ticket life-cycle in line with the SLAs agreed with the organisation
- Managing on-site IT build rooms and the associated equipment including maintaining and repairing laptops as required
- Contributing to the meeting of key performance indicator metrics outlined by the US Service Manager
- Building and configuring both Windows and Mac OS hardware through relevant automation platforms
- Handling inbound telephone calls to the Service Desk as required.
- Liaising with relevant 3rd line departments to resolve more complex technical issues where required
- Sharing knowledge with both technical members of staff and end users through the creation of documentation as per agreed templates
- Maintaining and developing own technical knowledge and skills through utilizing online training platform
- Identifying and escalating repeat issues to increase first time fault resolution
- Delivering training to staff on core technologies such as Fuze and Microsoft Office
- Supporting user audio/visual meetings and events in both office and off-site locations as required
- Enforcing all IT security policies, reporting any breaches or risks to the Information Security team appropriately
- Sharing responsibility of covering weekends on call with rest of the team
- Relevant experience, working within a Service Desk environment
- Extremely personable, able to communicate effectively with users at all levels of the organisation via various communication methods
- Problem solver, demonstrate a logical approach to problem solving
- Genuinely enthusiastic, remaining positive in challenging situations
- Thirsty for knowledge, looking to develop and improve own skills
- Excellent communicator, able to present complex technology information clearly and concisely, adapting communication style as required
- Agile, able to react and adapt to varied situations in a calm and efficient manner
- Attention to detail, along with a focus on deliverables
- Team player, able to work effectively as part of a team which is spread out globally with varying workload and pressures
- Experience working in an enterprise IT environment
- ITIL v3 Foundation qualification
- Experience supporting Mac OS operating systems
- Familiarity with Technologies such as Fuze, AnyConnect VPN client, Microfocus ServiceAnywhere ITSM tool, SharePoint, Office 365 (administration), Lenovo/Toshiba hardware, Papercut, Sophos Web Protection
- Experience delivering IT support to senior members of staff within a large scale organisation
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we're passionate about - unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability - whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 15 day of holiday per year and an extra day for each year of service up to 20 days
- 401K - Saving Incentive plan
- Flexible Spending accounts
- Vision benefits
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance and Disability insurance
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?