We're looking for a Software Developer to join our team in Salt Lake City and become an integral part of our Engineering team. We understand that the right candidate for this position could come from a variety of backgrounds and we value people with diverse experience.
- Develop and implement new software solutions
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
- Clearly and regularly communicate with team leads and colleagues about progress and blockers
- Write APIs for internal tools and customer-facing products
- Write clear and concise software documentation
- Test software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
For this position, we prefer…
- A strong background in at least one scripting language (ideally Python or PHP), with some exposure to the others
- The ability to work in a distributed team
- A healthy understanding of development environments and pipelines, and how they relate to one another to develop software
- Experience working in SCRUM environments
- Capability handling large amounts of data and highly available systems
- Knowledge of AWS, Kubernetes, and Helm
In any given day, you might be…
- Showing your knowledge and interest in computer systems and the latest technologies
- Demonstrating your tech prowess around internal tooling and our product
- Communicating complex and abstract procedures to other colleagues
- Demonstrating your commercial and business awareness
- Showing off your written and verbal communication skills
- Empathizing with the team as you help them engineer solutions
- Paying attention to detail and probing further into data
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being, and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 15 days of holiday per year and an extra day for each year of service up to 20 days
- 401K – Saving Incentive plan
- Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vision benefits
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Life Assurance and Disability insurance
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
Edge by Ascential™ delivers some of the industry’s most accurate and actionable sales-driving data, insights and advisory solutions for global brands and retailers looking to win in today’s ecommerce-driven world.
Formerly Brand View, Clavis Insight, One Click Retail and PlanetRetail RNG, Edge by Ascential was launched in October of 2018, bringing four brands under one roof. Our market leading products are a product of our people and we are always in the market for top talent.
If you are interested in progressing your career, this position represents a great opportunity to join our team at an exciting stage in its development and expansion. Edge is headquartered in London, with offices in the USA, UK, China, Germany and France. Find out more at www.ascentialedge.com
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?