We're looking for a Software Engineer to join our team in Dublin as part of our Technology (Enterprise) function.
The experienced software development professional is to join our Engineering team. As an ideal candidate, you should be highly passionate about technology, eager to learn and use innovative methods to solve problems. You will be working with a talented team to develop product features and innovative technical solutions to meet customer needs.
- Ability to drive system level design/architecture for large initiatives/features (brand new service etc.)
- Has a clear grasp of industry best practices
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and directs a large and important project or a number of small projects with complex features
- Ability to take the lead on ambiguous problems/features and drive towards completion
- Good understanding of continuous delivery, writing unit tests and automated testing
- Ability to drive performance optimizations through code profiling
- Good team resource for developers and can help explain designs and implementations
- Knowledge and provides guidance to other engineers
- 3-5 years of experience in commercial software development
- Highly proficient in Java
- Knowledge of Spring frameworks (Spring Batch, Spring Boot)
- Experience with build tools (Gradle, Maven)
- Experience with Relational DBs (MySQL, PostgresSQL)
- Experience with distributed version control systems (Git)
- Experience developing a commercial software product or SaaS
- Experience with Lean / Agile development methodologies
- Exposure to AWS preferable
- Exposure to Docker preferable
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year
- Health Insurance – Laya Secure Plus
- Tax Saver Travel Tickets
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Pension (On Passing Probation)
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
Edge by Ascential™ delivers some of the industry’s most accurate and actionable sales-driving data, insights and advisory solutions for global brands and retailers looking to win in today’s ecommerce-driven world.
Formerly Brand View, Clavis Insight, One Click Retail and PlanetRetail RNG, Edge by Ascential was launched in October of 2018, bringing four brands under one roof. Our market leading products are a product of our people and we are always in the market for top talent.
If you are interested in progressing your career, this position represents a great opportunity to join our team at an exciting stage in its development and expansion. Edge is headquartered in London, with offices in the USA, UK, China, Germany and France. Find out more at www.ascentialedge.com
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?