We're looking for a Specialist Systems Engineer to join our team in London and become an integral part of our Technology function.
- To innovate, produce new solutions and provide support for all workplace functions including but not exclusive to: Windows OS, Mac OS, SCCM, SharePoint, OneDrive, Office 365, Unified Communications, Departmental File Shares, Fuze, AD, GPO, Mimecast.
- Supporting and delivering technologies for our offsite events and festivals, OS upgrades, Software upgrades, housekeeping and reconciliation projects, mergers & acquisitions, disposals.
- Training of Service Desk where required. Documenting solutions, knowledgebase, user guides etc. Assisting with general communications to the business.
- Assistance in the general strategic objectives of the Ascential Technology team and input into Group Technology projects. Maintaining the quality of the end user experience, acting as an effective point of contact to the business. Ensuring customer service standards represent value to the business.
- Excellent knowledge of conferencing, collaboration tools and unified communications, networking technologies and processes.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows 7 through to 10
- Ability to support in room AV systems
- Administration of Active Directory technologies, system performance and security.
- Office 365 administration with excellent ability to manage User Support for any Email related issues
- Prior experience of onboarding/offboarding acquisitions and disposals.
- Good solid knowledge of email protection systems
- Creation and maintenance of 365 Exchange environment management documentation as necessary
- Intermediate Powershell scripting skills
- Windows print server administration
- Prior experience of working in an enterprise culture and supporting enterprise technologies
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Working in Technology
Our Technology department are a bold and trusted team with a clear direction. We work collaboratively to provide high performing capabilities and technologies. As a team, we are relied upon because we have the expertise to make the best decisions, for the right reasons with the most impressive business outcomes.
Joining us will allow you to work alongside a fair and open-minded department that allows you to experiment. We know what we are doing, why we are doing it and where we are heading, all while still recognising individual expertise. This means we can join forces, pull resources and make winning teams.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?