WGSN, the World’s leading trend forecaster, has an exciting new opportunity in their New York office. With trend and information hubs in New York, Hong Kong, São Paulo and London we have 16 offices around the world and employ approximately 500 people. We work with over 6,000 customers including every Retailer on the Fortune 500 and key brands across Europe, Asia, Latin America, and North America.
The Strategic Account Director is responsible for managing a book of growth and strategic accounts and finding new business development among key clients. The Strategic Account Director manages large contract renewals, identifies business opportunities, builds key prospect relationships, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions. The Strategic Account Director will use a consultative sales style to create, implement and manage a strategy to help achieve aggressive sales goals.
- Manage a strategic book of growth accounts to ensure the customer is delighted with the WGSN service (and successfully executing the renewal of the client contracts); maintain high renewal rates
- Identify and close new opportunities from assigned book of growth accounts - drive all aspects and stages of the sale including; qualifying the viability of potential sales, delivering winning presentations, contract negotiations, legal and procurement discussions and managing the sales process through to its close
- Deliver in-person presentations to C-level contacts and assist in telling our story and pitching the WGSN value as it relates to each prospect in all industry markets including; fashion, CPG, technology, hospitality, branding and automotive sectors
- Research prospects to get an understanding of their business needs and how WGSN will address their objectives and deliver value
- Work alongside client service team who will support the day to day needs of the client
- Manage to a 12-16 week sales cycle and follow a systematic approach to identify future opportunities, set expectations and plan for future resource needs
- Demonstrate leadership skills by delivering superior performance and by being a positive influence on team members
- 7-10 years of experience developing relationships with executives within Fortune 500 organizations in an Outside Sales B2B capacity in the US market and renewing a book of business
- A demonstrable track record of sales success (preferably selling subscription based-products)
- Proven ability to quickly gain entry to key pursuit accounts and articulate a proven value/ROI based sale
- Understanding of how to communicate a service offering through proposals, presentations, phone calls and case study development - excellent presentation and negotiation skills are a must
- Excellent organization skills and sharp attention to detail
- Ability to manage Salesforce.com database, opportunity pipeline and lead cultivation, including holistic overview of all outstanding communications and prospect relationships
- Salesforce based CRM experience a plus.
- Good computer skills (basic knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint); knowledge of Salesforce
What we offer:
Our benefits package incorporates what we're passionate about - unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability - while giving you control over your benefits.
- 15 day of vacation per year and an extra day for each year of service up to 20 days
- 401K - Saving Incentive plan
- Flexible Spending accounts
- Vision benefits
- Occasional Summer Fridays - 09:00 - 1:00pm from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance and Disability insurance
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
We offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company.
WGSN is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?