We're looking for a strong Strategist (Mat Cover) to join our Lifestyle team within WGSN’s Lifestyle & Interiors platform in London and become an integral part of our Content function.
Your role will be to track lifestyle shifts, technology and product innovations, writing reports and undertaking research that enables our clients to respond to consumer needs and create compelling products and experiences. Your work will be highly varied: one week you may be exploring how public space can be designed to be more inclusive, the next examining how wellness is impacting product design across the home. You may be from a design, strategy and research, trend concept or anthropology background, or you may have taken a different path to acquire the expertise for this role.
- Generating compelling report ideas. Researching, creating and delivering lifestyle trend reports in written, visual and video format
- Forecasting and tracking macro and micro shifts within products across a range of lifestyle and design markets and a range of consumer demographics
- Producing presentations of research and analysis, delivered internally and externally
- Collaborating with the global WGSN Lifestyle & Interiors content team and specifically with the Senior Editor, Lifestyle on content ideation and report planning, across categories including Technology, Health & Wellness, Hospitality and Public Spaces, and Packaging Design
- Working with WGSN’s consultancy business Mindset, when required, to deliver bespoke research, insight and workshops to clients
- Travelling nationally and internationally (when possible) to cover industry trade shows, conferences and other events as required
- Acting as an ambassador for WGSN nationally and internationally (when possible) by speaking at global conferences, seminars and events when required
- Working with the WGSN commercial teams to support client relationships by sharing and presenting our analyses and responding to client input
- Delivering traffic growth by consistently evaluating internal data and client feedback to improve content standards and relevance
- Contributing to overall content team objectives and accountable for specific personal content goals
- Providing quotes for press and broadcast media as required
- A strong knowledge of the design and lifestyle industry, and the ability to pin-point trends that will impact these industries and their consumers
- Expert level of experience in writing, editing and reporting, and in communicating ideas effectively and engagingly
- An understanding of the role data and analytics plays in commercial success, with experience analysing data
- Ability to take ownership of personal assignments, prioritise workload and provide support to other members of the team when needed
- Excellent organisation, communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work within an international team to ensure production standards, reports or outputs are a consistently high standard and submitted on time
- An ability to present trend concepts to internal and external audiences
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with Global Sales, Client Services and Marketing to help facilitate sales and engagement
- Excellent market knowledge and awareness of customer needs
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company.
WGSN is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?