We are looking for a Strategy Manager for our Group Strategy function based in Central London. The Strategy Manager supports top leadership (CEO, EVPs, SVPs) across Ascential in the delivery of significant robust, pragmatic strategies.
You work cross-functionally, partnering internally to develop and execute strategy. You will have exposure and visibility to executives and be sought out as a trusted advisor by partner teams. You’ll spend time in data, understanding problems and validating hypotheses, while also synthesizing results and crafting a narrative for executive presentations. You will use customer and internal perspectives to inform decisions that are made.
- Contributing to the delivery of robust, pragmatic strategies that will stand up to CEO / board scrutiny and be implemented by the key operational teams
- Input into the annual strategy process for the Group such that key questions are identified, priorities are defined, stakeholders are involved, and strategy is translated into execution
- Contribute to the delivery of pragmatic business strategies for Ascential, its operating companies and key products
- Provide commercial support to product strategies, launches, and pricing strategies for key businesses
- Contribute on commercial due diligence processes for prospective transactions
- Using rigorous qualitative and quantitative insights to support the above
- Previous experience at a first-class strategy consulting firm
- Strong degree from top university (or equivalent qualification)
- High degree of numeracy and advanced Excel skills
- Ability to work on multiple strategy projects
- High degree of commercial intuition
- Business modelling and projection
- Data manipulation and analysis
- Strong people / relationship-building skills
- A self-starter who is personable and outgoing
- Interest and enjoyment in problem solving in a business context
- Results oriented
- Experience in Media, Digital/Data and/or subscription businesses ideal, but not essential
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance onhealth, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?