We're looking for a Technical Data Analyst (FTC) to join our team in Dublin as part of our Content function.
The Digital Shelf team is hiring for a Technical Data Analyst to provide data management, critical analysis and modelling skills to enable the business to implement new pricing & promotional analysis features. Sitting with the Product Management team, this person will analyse data and create and validate models through a combination of business requirements and data analysis to support engineering to develop the new P&P capability in the Digital Shelf product.
Being able to understand and interpret the business requirements, interrogate multiple data-sets, and provide understandable and actionable intelligence, to define pricing and data models will be key to the success of this role.
- Work with product management and engineering to analyse and manage large datasets
- Work with engineering on the migration of data between P+P and Digital Shelf
- Work on customer catalog solutions
- Design, test and validate pricing and promotional modelling approaches
- Using Business Analysis to ensure that models meeting the requirements, including validation and testing of solutions
- Prioritisation of problems to be solved by criteria agreed with stakeholders
- Analysis to break down problems through a variety of statistical methods
- Work with product and engineering stakeholders to understand key areas investigation, design solutions underpinned by sound analytics
- Build and test models and measurement techniques
- Design and build prototypes to support key initiatives
- Communicate workstream updates to key stakeholders via status reports
- Proven Excel and data analytics experience, identifying key insights and recommendations; examples of prior work will be requested
- BA or equivalent Undergraduate degree; in engineering, big data, business or computer science
- Knowledge of databases, SQL, Microsoft Excel, Tableau and/or ETL tools
- Ideally 5 + years of experience working with a Data Analyst team preferably in a technical environment
- Strong problem solver
- Proven ability to articulate and produce visualisations to tell the story of the data
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage workload effectively
- Experience of data integration and data mining tools
- Curious, tenacious problem solver with a dedication to quality and improvement
- Persistence and ability to follow through
- Passion, a strong desire to achieve and exceed goals
- Excellent problem solving and data analytics skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, having the ability to manage own work with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to learn required skills quickly
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally
- Logical thinker with some experience of business intelligence and/or structured decision-making
- Intellectual curiosity with a proven ability to connect disparate data points
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year
- Health Insurance – Laya Secure Plus
- Tax Saver Travel Tickets
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Pension (On Passing Probation)
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
Edge by Ascential™ delivers some of the industry’s most accurate and actionable sales-driving data, insights and advisory solutions for global brands and retailers looking to win in today’s ecommerce-driven world.
Formerly Brand View, Clavis Insight, One Click Retail and PlanetRetail RNG, Edge by Ascential was launched in October of 2018, bringing four brands under one roof. Our market leading products are a product of our people and we are always in the market for top talent.
If you are interested in progressing your career, this position represents a great opportunity to join our team at an exciting stage in its development and expansion. Edge is headquartered in London, with offices in the USA, UK, China, Germany and France. Find out more at www.ascentialedge.com
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?